Is the Kinetic HC16V battery any good?

Participant count
  • Participant list

AK22
10+ year member

Hi, is the Kinetic HC16V any good, as compared to the XS Power D1200 or the Optima Yellow Top D34? I wanted to know if they are reliable since I am seeing mixed reviews on the internet. I have an audio system which has a total amperage draw of about 180 amps and I wanted to know if this battery would work well as a secondary battery running of a stock 90 amp alternator, with big three in zero gauge, a Bosch S4 battery in the engine bay and a stinger 200 amp battery relay isolator. Thanks.

the kinetik is a 16volt battery, needing charged around 19 volts, and the other 2 are 12 volt batteries, needing charged around 14.4ish

so you cant really compare the hc16v to either of those

The HC16v is a hybrid battery... It has both 12 and 16v posts. I would stay away from these, in my friends shop we've had tons of them and had very little success with them and they are just garbage.

In the old demo truck we had a lot of them... I mean a wall of batteries behind batteries... this is from 08 and they're still floating around the shop. We had issues with them not keeping voltage, failing, and some of them just stopping to work all together. Your 6 might be fine but we had more than 40 + of them

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

AK22

10+ year member
AK22
Caribbean
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from