I've got the box. You pick the sub

The SSD or RSd won't perform as well, but they would still probably be the best choices for the money and box parameters.

So my luck turned and this looks like the amp I will have to play with

Ultimate T3 500d

500 x 1 @ 4 Ohms

900 x 1 @ 2 ohms

I would love to find a sub that would wire up to 4 ohms and wang hard since it would be less stress on my factory electrical but I can give the 900w a try too.

I am a n00b in car audio and have only heard the Type R and I don't think it was an optimal setup even then. I can't tell you whether it would be better or worse, but I'm sure someone else can, I just don't want you to buy off of my inexperienced advice.
x2. althought ive had many brands of equipment before, i just havent had the time or money to play with every brand before.

Audioque subs have been designed to extract max performance from moderate box volumes. The 8" subs work in 1.0cuft, 10-inch subs work in 1.5cuft, 12-inch subs work in 2.5cuft, and 15-inch subs work in 4.5cuft. Use these box volumes in multiples to calculate larger usable box = quote from audioque.com

Heres muy suggestion..

http://www.audioque.com/aq/HDSeries.htm

i had one of the original hd12s and it was ****IN amazing,..

it could handle anything...

The HD310 looks sweet but its pretty far outta my price range. I think if I stepped up to 250+ range I think I would do a Q because this enclosure is perfect for it according to FI's sight. I would LOVE to keep the subs around 180 or under

How well does the TC10 Oem fit into this discussion for this enclosure. My amp could give it 900w at 2 ohms but I'm not too sure about how it would play with my enclosure?

How well does the TC10 Oem fit into this discussion for this enclosure. My amp could give it 900w at 2 ohms but I'm not too sure about how it would play with my enclosure?
i dont think you could lose with the tc oem. u have enough power but i heard it likes smaller boxes

i dont think you could lose with the tc oem. u have enough power but i heard it likes smaller boxes
That was my thinking. I dont understand the whole passive radiator thing with these subs but I do remember someone on the forum saying the smaller box recommendations were for the passive radiator version of the sub.

That was my thinking. I dont understand the whole passive radiator thing with these subs but I do remember someone on the forum saying the smaller box recommendations were for the passive radiator version of the sub.
There is no passive radiator version of the sub. A passive radiator is like a sub with no motor that uses adjustable cone weights to adjust tuning. It replaces the standard port and generally allows for smaller enclosures. You'd have to ask the guys over at TC what the recommended volume for a standard slot-ported enclosure.

That said, I'm pretty sure the TC10 OEM is a bit deep. may not even fit in your box. If you want to keep the power levels down, I say go with the RSd, RL-i, or the BM.

The audioque has been eliminated from the round of subs. I called them today and they didn't recommended the any of their subs for the box. According to the guy I spoke to he suggested to get a box tuned between 38-40 for their subs.

Here's what you do.. throw that box you bought out into the yard and set it on fire. Build a fucking wall in the solara and drop 4 FI BTL's in it wire to 4 Orion 2500D's and call it a day. Just kidding around.. personally, I'd go with the SI BM if you can afford it. Just my opinion though.

-Marcus

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Kfra315

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Kfra315
Kansas City, MO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date