jack's stereo in bryan, tx

The owner is a cool guy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

wow I havent been to jacks in like 2989283 years. They still in that little shop that chris used to own on texas avenue. I bet you all didnt know it used to be a flower shop, lol. (yeah im that old enough to remember)

Is Audio/Video still around and charging ridiculas prices? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif THOSE guys are real tards.

You may make fun of what Audio/Video charged, but until about 1 1/2 years ago they had probably one of the top 3 installers in the US. That is part of why they charged what they did. He's the installer that built my truck and many other World Champion USACI/IASCA vehicles.

On the note of Jack's, is Jimbo still heading up the shop? If so and anyone goes there soon tell him Roland says hey. I lost his number and haven't talked to him in over a year since I haven't been to any USACI shows.

I dont know about all that, but when I took one of my corvettes there back in 2003 to install a simple amp rack the idiot there not only put the rack in backwards but when you attempted to close the convertible top it wouldnt fit in place. After taking it back 3 times to get it right, I just made em take out everything they did and got a refund. Id of done the **** myself but I was traveling all over the united states back then and just wanted to drop my car off to get something simple done and they couldnt even manage that.

well, not sure who's running the place, but Snoop, you'll recognize the name of the person i talked to today that's still working there... Mike D. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

oh and OT (this is for Snoop), i bought a 2004 Mazda 3s hatchback this past saturday. Rafael and i went to Houston to buy it. i got it for $10,200 out the door!! granted, it has 72k miles, but hey, i LOVE it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

jacks is a really good place to go to if they had the stuff i wanted to buy i would buy from them and do business thru them but they dont have what i am looking for brand wise. BUt overall there good guys and do good work from what i hear. They have only installed one thing for me it wasnt anything hard but they did a good job installing it i would stay away from audio/video they didnt know how to build a box for my treo ssx i had and ****ed it all up. They blew my sub up from the shitty box they made. Stay away from audio/video.

i worked at the CC in College Station for a while. We didnt do any custom work, but we never referred customers to jacks. We saw way to many **** ups from them that we had to fix. I know they make good wood boxes, but thats about all ive heard good. and there sales/management seem to ****....

story time: a customer came in to us to get 2 subs installed. they needed it that day. they didnt want to go to jacks, so they came to us. They wanted a kicker zx400.1, but we were out of stock. They were the only other Kicker dealer in town. We sent them over there to get the amp. We told them not to get any other amp. They came back an hour later with a 350.2 (i think that was the model). we asked them what the hell happened. they said jacks told them the 400.1 was the wrong amp for 2 SVC 4ohm subs. So, we explained to them how they were wrong and told them to go back and exchange it. About an hour later they come back with the same 350.2 and a little drawing on scratch paper showing us how to wire subs (as if we were the dumbasses). But what they drew was wrong, and we told the customer to call them to get an exchange or refund. they told the customer all sales were final and there were no refunds. the amp box had never been opened let alone installed. we ended up ordering them a 400.1 and the customer was PISSED at jacks and now had to get rid of this useless amp.

plus all the ghetto ass cars in town with rattling trunks have "team jacks" stickers on the back.

Id be willing to bet Jim and his guys could share several stories from where they fix CC f-up's as well........

Snoop I think you are referring to Audio Video if you are referencing Chris. Chris Pate was an installer there for sometime before moving on to bigger things. However up until recently Jacks was based out of a fairly small store, cant remember if it was Texas Ave or not.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...