Jetta build coming soon...

So after 3 weeks I will be getting my tranny back monday. So I figure next week or weekend I can maybe start to do some work on the car. If I knew it was going to take this long on the tranny I would have used a trailer and moved the car back into the garage and been doing all the deadening this entire time.. Would have been nice could have sprayed the spectrum let it dry for 10 days or so and then could have put LLP and OKP over it and had the car all ready to go.. Oh well atleast I know next week I will have the car back.

Got the tranny back today so later this week or weekend hopefully start doing some work on deadening. I am sure its going to take a couple weeks since its still cold here in IL.. If it was warmer out I could do it at my house in the unheated garage. Now I will do it at my office during the week and weekend.

Man got the rear doors pretty much done. Just waiting to get OKP for them and the front doors also. Did the trunk dech and rear deck also in Damp Pro. That stuff is def badass dampener. Also I must say that DC level4 10" off the sundown 1000 is out of this world for a 10". Can't wait to get the kappa 6.1 comps out and put the Focal K2P's in soon. STill going to do the wheel wells and under the car for sure with spectrum.. I have a few gallons but might get another 1 or 2 to realy do it right. Overall is sounds great and the car doors are solid as a rock. I will have some pics tomorrow. I had 8 cans of cascade I got cheap so I used that on the rear doors and door cards. The stuff works pretty decent and OKP will just be the iceing on the cake..

Ok here are a few more pics... The rear doors, trunk lid and rear deck.

As I said above I had 8 cans of Cascade spray deadener so I used that for the rear doors and to fill some smaller voids in the trunk lid.

The entire inner door has 2 cans in each. I still will put OKP on top of that to stop unwanted outside noise. You can see what it looks like through the old comp hole.

IMG00355-20090426-1427.jpg

I also used Damp pro on the inner door skin. Prob a waste since no speakers are there but it did quiet the window motor and stuff down for sure. The doors feel rock solid already.

IMG00354-20090426-1426.jpg

Since I had 4 cans left over I used 1.5 roughly on the door cards also.. I figures what the hell could it hurt.

IMG00357-20090426-1428.jpg

Here is a pic of the trunk lid. I screwed up and forgot to take a pic after doing it all in Damp pro. I still might put some OKP over the Damp pro between the factory deck lid cover.

IMG00358-20090426-1428.jpg

Here is the rear deck lid. I did not take a pic from the trunk showing the underside all done in damp pro but it is.

IMG00359-20090426-2055.jpg

So now waiting to get OKP and then I am going to use spectrum and do the entire trunk and also wheel wells and prob under carrage with a few coats.. That way I do not have to remove the seats and ****. So let me know what you think so far.

Peace

Here are some more pics from last night and this morning. I started putting spectrum in the trunk and also the front doors over the 3 layers of deadener in the fronts already there. Turned out I got asphalt based for the fronts even though they told me it was butyl so I thought I would enclose it in spectrum and also overlap where the deadener wasn't to make sure it does not fall down in my **** doors. Here is the first coat pics. I will be doing to sides of the trunk later this weekend or next. I also have LLP to put on the entire trunk floor and OKP going int he fronts and rears and a few other places. I will also spray the bottom with spectrum prob do 3 layers on that also. Then I will do a few layers on spectrum bruched in the wheel wells.

first layer

IMG00368-20090430-1923.jpg

second layer cured overnight.

IMG00372-20090501-0938.jpg

third layer this morning.

IMG00377-20090501-1005.jpg

here is the first layer cured on the inner door.

IMG00373-20090501-0939.jpg

Third coat on the inner door.

IMG00378-20090501-1006.jpg

The spot that does not have any sepctrum is where I am going to ground everything. I will then cover it in spectrum.

Let me know what you think.

Peace, Jeff

That Jetta is going to be solid. I wouldn't cover where your grounds are though...in case you need to pull them out sometime.

Thanks Kevin.. Ok I will just put LLP over it and that should be good. Yea what started out as a little something has turned into a full blown serious install LOL and I love doing it.

Jeff

Well I am done with the doors and trunk as far as spectrum.. 6 coats on each overkill I know but what the hell LOL.. Now just waiting for it to dry and then LLP in trunk and OKP and the doors and trunk pan are 100% done. Then next week start on the wheel wells and then prob the following week do the under carriage as I have a new exhaust cat back system coming so I will spray it while it is off. Just need to confirm some time with my buddy to use his lift.

Peace all have a good weekend.

Well I am done with the doors and trunk as far as spectrum.. 6 coats on each overkill I know but what the hell LOL.. Now just waiting for it to dry and then LLP in trunk and OKP and the doors and trunk pan are 100% done. Then next week start on the wheel wells and then prob the following week do the under carriage as I have a new exhaust cat back system coming so I will spray it while it is off. Just need to confirm some time with my buddy to use his lift.
Peace all have a good weekend.
It is better to have to much than not enough. Also as far as the under carriage goes, I have a business locally that does this. Not sure what they use, but I figure I should probably do it. Considering IL and their salt content during the winters:( Looking good so far:)

It is better to have to much than not enough. Also as far as the under carriage goes, I have a business locally that does this. Not sure what they use, but I figure I should probably do it. Considering IL and their salt content during the winters:( Looking good so far:)
I agree and TY. Well I blew my load early and installed the LLP in the trunk over the spectrum and the OKP in all 4 doors. Looks like I was supposed to wait 30 days before doing this LOL. I waited 30 hrs opps. Here are some pic sof the trunk pan and the trnuk lid and front door with OKP.

IMG00385-20090502-1256.jpg

IMG00384-20090502-1256.jpg

Here are some pics of the trunk deck lid. I added more damp pro to it and forgot to snap a new picture.

IMG00381-20090502-1211.jpg

IMG00383-20090502-1215.jpg

Here is the liner that covers the trunk deck lid. I covered it all in OKP but was just showing the first piece of it as I had a spare piece fromt he doors left over.

IMG00380-20090502-1211.jpg

Here is a pic of the passenger side door. They all were lined with the OKP.

IMG00382-20090502-1211.jpg

I was not able to listen to the stereo though as the RCA cables were not long enough. I am going to try to find some tonight local if not order some in. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Peace

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.