JL or Kicker?

Thanks Hintzyboy. Looking to spend $300 on an amp give-or-take. Need to power 4 speakers, front doors - 6.5 comps, rear doors 6X8 for fill.
Thought the JL would be a great choice, the local shops of course want to sell their products, so looking for un-biased opinions.
JL does make great amps, and if you found one at a reasonable price, there really is no reason not to get it. If you'd like to break away from the mainstream, the sundown mentioned earlier is a great piece of equipment. I personally love Memphis amps. There are way to many to list. Check around the classifieds here, and I guarantee you'll find some nice deals on great used equipment.

since you are not running active,save some cash and get the 2 channel equivalent and power the rears off the HU,amplified rears sound horrid IMO
As long as he gets a decent pair of coaxes and deadens the doors, there is no reason they should sound bad when amplified. Why would a speaker with clean amplification sound worse than with shitty HU amplification?

As long as he gets a decent pair of coaxes and deadens the doors, there is no reason they should sound bad when amplified. Why would a speaker with clean amplification sound worse than with shitty HU amplification?
Well said!

thumbs up!

Everytime I see the JL logo as an avatar, I think of cotjones and start to get myself into flame mode lol.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Unless he gets a great deal on the JL, I would take the Arc I posted earlier hands down

if you don't understand why I think amplified rears sound bad then I'm sorry,and did you notice that I said IMO

if you don't understand why I think amplified rears sound bad then I'm sorry,and did you notice that I said IMO
Yes, I know that is just your opinion, but unless there was something wrong with the way you set it up (no deadening, too much power, improper balance, whatever) there is no reason it should sound worse than using the HU amplifier.

I personally don't like any rear fill at all. A good front stage is way more than enough, and to me, rear fill messes with the sound stage. That may be what you were getting at.

But stricly comparing amped to non-amped rear fill, if both are done right, there is no reason non-amped should sound better.

Yes, I know that is just your opinion, but unless there was something wrong with the way you set it up (no deadening, too much power, improper balance, whatever) there is no reason it should sound worse than using the HU amplifier.
I personally don't like any rear fill at all. A good front stage is way more than enough, and to me, rear fill messes with the sound stage. That may be what you were getting at.

But stricly comparing amped to non-amped rear fill, if both are done right, there is no reason non-amped should sound better.
You and I feel the same way about rear fill,I was just telling the op to save some money because rear fill doesn't need to be amplified

You and I feel the same way about rear fill,I was just telling the op to save some money because rear fill doesn't need to be amplified
Just a misunderstanding then. I agree that he should save some cash and just get a 2channel, but some people think rear fill is a necessity. I rarely ever have people in my back seat and I really don't care about how the music sounds back there.

And if he wants rear fill, I think that Arc is a hell of a deal. Or he could always use it to go active.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.