Kenwood DDX512 iPod Question

prodgod
10+ year member

Bored
I just got my DDX512 installed and I am trying to connect my iPod Classic 80gb to it using the standard USB-to-iPod cable but I am having problems.

The only thing that happens when I connect it is the iPod says "Connected" on the screen, but when I go to the iPod source on the hu it says "Not Connected." Is there a setting on the hu that I need to change to make it work or could it be a firmware problem?

Any ideas?

Your white I-pod cable will not work on a video unit. You need a 300V or 301V cable to get an I-pod to work.

Yes, you do not have the proper iPod data cable for the Kenwood units.

They use a high speed cable to interface, so you would need the correct one w/video.

Call or email me if I can be of anymore help or you need the cable sent...

I am having a very similar problem with my ddx512 and kca-ip300v combo. When I plug in my ipod, the head unit reads disconnected and my ipod reads "do not disconnect" and has the red circle with the cross through it. When I plug my iphone in, I can manually play songs through my head unit, but my head unit still reads "disconnected" and has some static as it plays. I connected everything according to the manual (ddx512 and 300v) and have yet to see any results.

Any ideas?

Second, When I put a DVD into the head unit, I have no video but the audio does work. The screen is completely blue.

What can I do?

Thanks,

Justin

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.