Keyless Entry Not Working

ChedNompton
10+ year member

I have a 2001 Acura Integra, and just got done trying to install my Hornet 564T Alarm System. Problem is, everything works except my keyless entry (didn't install the remote start, probably won't). I have power locks in the car, and they lock/unlock fine. Also when i ground the lock wires it locks, also when I plug the harness (harness is connected to the unlock/lock wires) into the brain. But when I use my remote to try and lock/unlock the doors, it doesn't work, it arms the alarm and everything, but just won't lock or unlock my doors. Anyone have any ideas?

In the larger of two attached gray plugs in the lower kick near the firewall. If equipped with cruise control, the plugs are behind the module. To access, remove the lower bolt on the bracket holding the module and pull it up out of the way. The lock wires test only with the passenger lock and unlock switch.

Power Lock : Black/white (- )

Power unlock : Black/Red (-)

You do not need relays

have you programmed it to read from your key...look in your manual about programming
I may have just not seen it, but I pretty much read the whole **** manual, and the only thing I saw was progressive locks. But on another forum (http://www.the12volt.com) the guy suggested I used the factory arm/disarm, well I did, and now it just unlocks my car when I press unlock, but doesn't lock it.... any ideas why? P.S. I have connected the Black/white and Black/red wires (lock/unlock) already.

just a shot in the dark, but do you have the ignition wire from the brain hooked up? I know you said you didnt hook up the remote start portion of it, so this could be possible. Worth a shot.

It's not the ignition. He can lock it, and it arms and disarms. Ignition is not used when locking and unlocking remotely. On a lot of alarms, you reverse those 2 wires dependent on polarity of the locks.

getting in on this a little late, but have you tested the output of the hornet with your multimeter? You said when you pulse the wires to ground the locks lock and unlock, so we know the car portion is fine, test the output. what type of connection are you making; T-taps, solder, butt connector/splice?? when you ground the wires, are they the same wires that lead to the security system? and lastly, are your doors closed when you are arming the system?

If the problem is fixed, never mind everything I just said.

good luck.

Mike

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.