Last Fiero build log

Yeah, like I said every material has its pros and cons. Metal cones dent but they are stiffer than anything else out there. I love the sound of metal cone woofers and always have, and always will. There's a certain solidity to the sound that you just can't get from paper or poly cones. There's even a technical name for it, although I can't remember, but paper and poly cones have naturally inherent distortion from the cone losing its shape during travel. Metal cones keep their shape under the most demanding circumstances which is why I like them, but for subwoofers only. I don't like the sound of metal cone mids and metal cone tweets are too bright for my tastes, although they are very crisp and detailed sounding.
Anything can last when taken care of. Accidents happen though so it's always nice to know your **** isn't going to break if something happens. And it's not exactly like you can protect your foam surround from the elements, even if they're treated. They are more suited to a temperature/humidity controlled home environment than a vehicle environment.

I think you have no idea what's available for foam surrounds and pulp cones... and if you really believe you can hear the difference between metal and pulp cone in a subwoofer you're delusional.

Started using the US composites polyester resin today. Turns out it's purple, which is kinda cool imo.

IMG_20150613_114046_445_zpsxmwgzcf1.jpg

Finished sealing up the baffle and started on the floor. Next step is to carpet the baffle with furrr when this coat of resin cures

hows quality sound wise? do you feel more pressure on chest? how the hell do you keep the dashboard from jumping off... lol ur not that far do you ever come up to gibralter?
Feel it in your ears more than anything. The "dash" is made of MDF and resin.

Sorry, I don't go up to Michigan much. If you come down here, I'd for sure give you a demo

it makes me so sad to not be there for the pretty-ing up part... :-( i would do anything to get away from the non-stop working.

Just have to clean up the area around the gauges, then I can cut the holes for the subs. I sealed up the leak in the baffle before carpeting it

hows quality sound wise? do you feel more pressure on chest? how the hell do you keep the dashboard from jumping off... lol ur not that far do you ever come up to gibralter?
the sq was waaaaay better than i thought it would be, personally. VERY flat response, but still quite loud. The box is sealed to the "firewall" (using screws and 'glass) even though its technically a trunk divider or whatever lol. That space opens up into the air below the car up front. It's a real IB setup.

you ant done yet,,, GET TO WORK.............
J/K

loven that hair on the dash...

i cant wait to get my truck back on the road, i miss it.
Was done, haha. Had the subs in and playing for a week before I wanted to go back to ported. Didn't have enough space for 15's ported, so I bought another 12" DDZ and traded for a Taramps 20k amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Been working on my roof again today. May tear the baffle out in a little while

Get going on that wall!

ok cool.

not yet.

got to get the body work done. plus im customizing it, shaving stuff...

im going to cut the rear floor out over the rear so i can bag it, put a 8" c-notch in.

then ill see what room i have for the wall. should still have enough .

im sick of body work...........

I bought 22 pounds of Bondo for my car, haha. Filling in the sunroof hole flush is a bitch.

It still looks rough, but it's getting there

you took the sunroof out???

dam i want to put one on my truck, or i may do a sliding rag roof. have not decided yet. but that will be down the road, but before winter.

shitt cut out like 4-5" all around it and ill buy....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.