Looking for 10" SQ Subs

Participant count
  • Participant list
I think, after looking at everything and mulling it over for a bit, I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and get a pair of the Koda 10's. For the power and space I have, I think they're probably the best fit...and less expensive than the Sundown SD4.

I think, after looking at everything and mulling it over for a bit, I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and get a pair of the Koda 10's. For the power and space I have, I think they're probably the best fit...and less expensive than the Sundown SD4.
Alot of good subs out there. I'm sure you'll like the Kodas.

Well shoot, now I'm finding conflicting info on the actual mounting depth on the Koda 10. @winkychevelle , could you measure one of yours and tell me if the mounting depth is actually 5 inches or if it's something else? I'd really appreciate it. I'd also be curious to see what 2 of the D2 Koda 10's in 1.4 cf sealed would do versus 2 of the Alpine S-W10D2's in the same enclosure both on 500 watts.

Well shoot, now I'm finding conflicting info on the actual mounting depth on the Koda 10. @winkychevelle , could you measure one of yours and tell me if the mounting depth is actually 5 inches or if it's something else? I'd really appreciate it. I'd also be curious to see what 2 of the D2 Koda 10's in 1.4 cf sealed would do versus 2 of the Alpine S-W10D2's in the same enclosure both on 500 watts.
I'm pretty sure it's 5.625inch. the 8 is 5 inch

I'll try and check before leaving for work.

Get the ts parameters from parts express.
When adire added the koda 8 to their site I think the 8 and 10inch box specs got swapped

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it's 5.625inch. the 8 is 5 inch

I'll try and check before leaving for work.

Get the ts parameters from parts express.
When adire added the koda 8 to their site I think the 8 and 10inch box specs got swapped
Dang it. I can make 5 inch mounting depth work. 5.6...not so much. I'll be interested to see what you come up with. I got all excited about an actual SQ sub.

Just after I posted my last reply, Adire Audio got back to me. Whoever I was messaging with told me the 10 has a mounting depth of 5" and then a little space is needed for pole venting.

1000005072.jpg

Attachments

• 1000005072.jpg
    1000005072.jpg
    508.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Just after I posted my last reply, Adire Audio got back to me. Whoever I was messaging with told me the 10 has a mounting depth of 5" and then a little space is needed for pole venting.

View attachment 56236
I'll try and check when I get back home I couldn't do it before work due to some heavy rain. If I have time I'll try and model up those subs but idk if I'll have time

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...