Looking for a 15" d2

mrkNOw1
10+ year member

so here it is.. i wanna get a dual 2 ohm 15" that can handle around 2kw daily. i finally got a new amp & its too much for my sub. the amp im runnin is an eclipse da7232 its rated @ 1000 x 2 @ 2 ohms & im sure it does every bit of that. i

just got the amp last saturday & hooked it up to 1 of my '03 punch hx2 dual 2 15"s. i turned the amp gain about 2/3 up and it gets loud low and relatively clean but it wasnt long but i wanna get louder!.. ofcourse.. it became apparent that the sub cant take it 4 extended periods of time as i distinctly smelled voice coil. not sure why i would expect any different. the sub is i think 600 rms 1200 max. so there it is i want a d2 15 that can take all 2000 & im not tryin 2 spend much more than $150. lemme know

so here it is.. i wanna get a dual 2 ohm 15" that can handle around 2kw daily. i finally got a new amp & its too much for my sub. the amp im runnin is an eclipse da7232 its rated @ 1000 x 2 @ 2 ohms & im sure it does every bit of that. i just got the amp last saturday & hooked it up to 1 of my '03 punch hx2 dual 2 15"s. i turned the amp gain about 2/3 up and it gets loud low and relatively clean but it wasnt long but i wanna get louder!.. ofcourse.. it became apparent that the sub cant take it 4 extended periods of time as i distinctly smelled voice coil. not sure why i would expect any different. the sub is i think 600 rms 1200 max. so there it is i want a d2 15 that can take all 2000 & im not tryin 2 spend much more than $150. lemme know
So u want a 15 that can take 2k daily for around 150 shipped???? GL sir.....

P.S stop clipping the HX2's to death

also your looking for a d2 but your amp does 1k at 2 ohms. you need a d4 or d1 so you can get to 2ohms. your amp is not 1ohm stable

so here it is.. i wanna get a dual 2 ohm 15" that can handle around 2kw daily. i finally got a new amp & its too much for my sub. the amp im runnin is an eclipse da7232 its rated @ 1000 x 2 @ 2 ohms & im sure it does every bit of that. i just got the amp last saturday & hooked it up to 1 of my '03 punch hx2 dual 2 15"s. i turned the amp gain about 2/3 up and it gets loud low and relatively clean but it wasnt long but i wanna get louder!.. ofcourse.. it became apparent that the sub cant take it 4 extended periods of time as i distinctly smelled voice coil. not sure why i would expect any different. the sub is i think 600 rms 1200 max. so there it is i want a d2 15 that can take all 2000 & im not tryin 2 spend much more than $150. lemme know

there is alot of fail in this request sir...

also your looking for a d2 but your amp does 1k at 2 ohms. you need a d4 or d1 so you can get to 2ohms. your amp is not 1ohm stable
thanks for the input but my amp does 1k x 2 @ 2 ohms. i dont need it to be 1 ohm stable. its a two channel that to my knowledge cannot be bridged. its an eclipse da7232. which if im not mistaken is a dual monoblock, so its basically like 2 mono amps in one chassis. so i am still looking for a single d2 15 that can handle more power. i could run a pair of either d1s or d4s but i prefer running a single sub.

boy dont i feel dumb. yeah guess that was a pretty unreasonable request huh?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif anyways im lookin for a sub thatll outperform my hx2 for around $150.

boy dont i feel dumb. yeah guess that was a pretty unreasonable request huh?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif anyways im lookin for a sub thatll outperform my hx2 for around $150.
Bro those HX2's assuming you have not already hurt them beyond repair by this time can handle all that amp can produce. Music is dynamic so those subs I assure you will never see that 1000 watts you have for them after rise, elect, etc might do a solid 700-800 which is no problem for the hx2's but you are clipping them to death thats why u smell the coils burning..

hell yeah. thats perfect. i remember seeing the post maybe a week or so ago. then the next time i looked it said sold/closed. definitely the route i should go.. thankyou. very much appreciated... also i went out and made some adjustments 2 my gain settings (mostly the sub amp gain way down) and indeed sounds (and smells:)) much better. so thanks guys for the eyeopener on that. everything still needs some fine tuning, which i'd better wait til later 2 do for my neighbors sake.., but already a dramatic improvement..

I do have a pair of em but im only running 1 @ the moment. i do want 2 design & build a box for the pair but havent done that yet. & with this amp my choices were either run the pair with the amp @4 , bring the amp down to 1 & see what happens, or just run one sub with the amp @ 2 .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.