Looking for a good Double Din?

Anonymous
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I am looking for a good double din touchscreen DVD/CD receiver that has all the features that my Kenwood KDC-X891 has. Meaning I want it to have hi volt preouts, at least 4v and have 3 sets F/R/S, I want it to have USB direct connect and have Ipod Direct Connect, meaning being able to control my Ipod through the unit and not having to mess with the ipod. I also want it to be able to play video off of my ipod on the screen. Does anyone have any suggestions. The only thing that I have been able to find is not even shipping yet but it is a Pioneer AVH-P6000DVD. If anyone knows of anything else let me know.

sorry, may be a little bit off topic, but, what are the major differences between the AVH-P6000 and the 4000? I have looked at the specs on the pioneer website but, me being new to car audio, it all seems like mumbo jumbo to me :p

get the alpine-w505 so you can give me a review on its audio controls //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I played with a JVC dd at Circuit City it was really nice. I like the SD card capabilitys and the large screen. The only thing I didnt like was the menus and the displays. Im used to my D3 which I think has really great menus.

I am just looking for something that will give me the same power I have in my current 5v HU and be able to play my 80gb Ipod Video direct, be able to control the ipod through the unit and not have to use the ipod.

clarion MAX685BT. dont think it has hit the market yet but i want one!!!
Its out in June i think, but only has 2v outs.

The JVC AVX810 has USB and SD, and 5v outs, and I dont think the menus are complicated, its pretty intuitive, the buttons/icons just arent as elaborate as the Pioneers.

Kenwood 512/712 both have USB direct control, but only 2v outs

Dont know if its still around but the 8019 had 3 pair of 5v outs, and 2 USBs.

Sony XAV-W1 has six 4v outs(2L, 2R, Sub , Ctr) and needs ~$50 adapter for iPod

Pioneer 4000 is basically a D3 without Nav, does iPod AND a USB with the cable, has 2 pair of 4v outs.

Pioneer 6000 has an internal 6disc changer, has 3 pair of 4v outs, and needs the box for iPod control

Just my opinion, even though I believe it to be fact. I don't care how many features that Pioneer has on it, it will not sound as good as the Alpine. I heard a Kenwood double din with all those features, can't remember the model number and didn't sound close to my CDA-9887. I've had Panasonic, JVC, and Clarion screens, but they cannot compare to the Alpine's sq IMO. I think the Eclispe double dins sound awesome and above or same level as Alpine. You need to look at what those outputs really do. Some state 4v-5v and still only have rms voltage of 2.5v-3.8v. My girl has a Sony with so called 5V outs and its a lot weaker than Alpine 2V decks. My 4V Alpine tested higher than 4 volts. If voltage is a must have, you should look into getting a linedriver.

Just my opinion, even though I believe it to be fact. I don't care how many features that Pioneer has on it, it will not sound as good as the Alpine. I heard a Kenwood double din with all those features, can't remember the model number and didn't sound close to my CDA-9887..
The W205 and W505 both have only 2v outs, and unless Ive gone retarded Alpine rates their decks at 14.4volts. Anonymous: the Kenwood DDX8019 was a 2007 Excelon unit, and I think your best bet. Kenwood rates it at 5.0v outs and they use 12.8v I believe, not the 14.4v of Alpine. It does everything you want and you could proly pick one up for $750 without even trying. The JVC stuff is nice for the lower price point too.(710's can be had for $400 routinely, even local retail stores in my area dont exceed $425 usually)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.