Looking for touch screen satellite radio head unit, pretty ignorant on the subject

divineflame1

I was kind of hoping to find a head unit that had a motorized touch screen, mp3 capability, and satellite radio to fit my 98 civic. My cap is somewhere around $300. Is this even practical? I've been looking around, but I'm having a hard time (the good ones seem to be like $600+). The few I've found that fit my criteria generally have poor reviews. On that note, is the motorized touch screen setup just frail?

Also (and this should speak to just how ignorant I am on the subject), do head units have any play on the sound quality?

For sound quality, oh yea...there is a difference... do you want new or used?...do you want satellite built in or add on?

Might want to try Pioneer..

I think the motorized ones are fine so long as you get a quality one. If your budget is 300 you may be better off going with a regular single din. I had a Clarion motorized touchscreen back in the day that I loved but it was like 600. The cheaper ones are just that, CHEAP.

I was definitely wanting new. I feel hesitant to buy something like this used. Feels like I'm asking for trouble. I also would prefer satellite built into it.

I love my civic to death, but I was kind of hoping to find a way to improve my time on the interior a bit. I have an aftermarket head unit right now that I like a lot, but I want satellite radio in my car and thought this might be an opportunity to take advantage of (hence why I thought a motorized touch screen would be cool). At risk of just 'wanting it all,' though, I do care a lot about product quality and sound quality. lol

Sounds like I might just want too much.

I was kind of hoping to find a head unit that had a motorized touch screen, mp3 capability, and satellite radio to fit my 98 civic. My cap is somewhere around $300. Is this even practical? I've been looking around, but I'm having a hard time (the good ones seem to be like $600+). The few I've found that fit my criteria generally have poor reviews. On that note, is the motorized touch screen setup just frail?
Also (and this should speak to just how ignorant I am on the subject), do head units have any play on the sound quality?
SiriusXM Lynx

better off getting a radio and buying a separate sirius. so you can change radio whenever you want. You can take the radio also on the road with you if your not using your specific car. gives you much more flexibility. plus microsd ready to make it a mp3player. records songs off of sirius for replay (use this a lot). home dock (take it into the house/workshop/garage) use this while working on my cars.

the vehicle kits are 20 bucks. I have a dock in my 2 cars and my lady's car so i can take xm wherever and whatever im driving without multiple radio accounts

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.