maybe a dumb ?, but have to ask...

Participant count
  • Participant list

jailhouseracer8
10+ year member

BassHead
Im soon to get another treo ssx1500.1 amp. I currently have one, wired to 1 ohm, pushing my 2, 18" BL's....would i be better off running it like that? Or would it be any better/louder, if i hooked one amp per sub, and ran each at 2 ohm? Was just curious.....any input appreciated. The subs are dual 1's if that matters to anyone! thanks alot, Ed

i can handel it, but im unsure how well the treo's like .5 ohm...lol. My clectrical consists, of....big 3, with lots of extra grounds everywhere....220amp iraggi alty...2 yellowtop optimas. the amps do there rated 1500 @2ohm.

i've been running my ssx750.1 at .6 ohms daily for a few months now and it does fine. i think the 1500s can also be ran at .5 ohm daily but i don't think either puts out much more power than they do @ 1 ohm

not being familiar with your amp, 2 strapped at 4 should give you about the same output as 2 separate at 2. So, not knowing your amp, in general I would say strap em and run them at 4. IMO

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.