Embarrassed to ask…

Participant count
  • Participant list

bennettj

CarAudio.com Newbie
us
Total newbie so don’t laugh. Installing aftermarket Sony head unit, installing in a Jeep so I need the RP4-CH11 to keep SWC. I am also installing a 5 channel amp and new speakers. If I run new speaker wires from amp directly to speakers will Bluetooth phone calls and apple car play stuff still play over speakers? Or does it have to get wired into RP4-CH11 harness? I don’t understand canbus stuff.

RP4-CH11 allows you to connect to a new car stereo and retain factory steering wheel audio controls, and entertainment system.

Last edited:
What those aftermarket steering wheel control modules do, is convert the analog signals from your steering wheel to a digital input signal for your new head unit. They are only just inputs into the head unit for the basic controls. They won't effect bluetooth or apple carplay whether you use them or not.

What those aftermarket steering wheel control modules do, is convert the analog signals from your steering wheel to a digital input signal for your new head unit. They are only just inputs into the head unit for the basic controls. They won't effect bluetooth or apple carplay whether you use them or not.
In lamens terms: Yes your bluetooth and apple carplay will work

Thanks, I was worried if no speaker wires were connected to the PAC harness that plugs into the factory harness something wouldn’t work. I figured it was easier to connect from amp directly to crossover and then to the actual speakers.

Not sure I am reading you correctly but there is no reason to use the leads from the OEM amp if that is what you are talking about. Normally you would go from the harness to an LOC (if you are using one) then to the amp, and out to the speakers.

--- OR ---

From the new harness to the Sony amp's high level in, then out to the speakers. Did I miss something?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...