Mb quart Q 4.150 3 way install help.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Hcw
10+ year member

I am having difficulty understanding the instructions on installing this amp in a 3 way configuration.

First is that my Alpine head unit has only one set of rca outputs. In the three way configuration would I still have to use 2 “Y” splitters to connect to the amp? A second 2 ch amp will be attached to this amps outputs to feed a separate set of front speakers .

Second: Am I correct in assuming that it will be a 4 ohm load and require a single voice coil 4 ohm subwoofer if bridging channel 3 and 4 .( just want to confirm it isn’t a 2 0hm load)

Page 5 has a diagram.

http://www.maxxsonics.net/manuals/mbquart/pdfs/MB%20Quart%202010%20Q%20Amplifier%20Manual.pdf

I am having difficulty understanding the instructions on installing this amp in a 3 way configuration. First is that my Alpine head unit has only one set of rca outputs. In the three way configuration would I still have to use 2 “Y” splitters to connect to the amp?
The first thing you will want to do is check that your RCA outputs from your alpine are full range or can be changed to full range. If this output cannot be made full rage, time to get a new unit for this build. If yes then, you will need 2 (two) Y splitters (1F to 2M) The Q4.150 amp can support a minimum load of 2 Ohms per channel.

A second 2 ch amp will be attached to this amps outputs to feed a separate set of front speakers .Second: Am I correct in assuming that it will be a 4 ohm load and require a single voice coil 4 ohm subwoofer if bridging channel 3 and 4 .( just want to confirm it isn’t a 2 0hm load)
The number of voice coils your sub-woofer has is irrelevant, whats important is that IF bridging the Q4.150 amplifier the minimum ohm load must be 4 Ohms.

Good Luck,

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.