MDF plywood?

jcuts7171

im getting ready to build my box and i got the all the supplies and the mdf plywood, its marked 4x8 x3/4'' thick...but i had measured it when i got home and it measures 5/8'' thick....is that 1/8" gonna make a difference...i see that you need to use 3/4"....what to do?..............thanks

the wood i just got from home depot was in the middle between 3/4 and 5/8, i kept it, just make sure you pre drill the holes before screwing it together or you'll definetly split it

it may be 3/4" MDF...

all wood loses size when it's fabricated

for instance 2 x 4's are really about 1 3/4" x 3 3/4"

my father owns a carpentry business....thats the only reason i know

You should be fine w/ what you've got

it may be 3/4" MDF...
all wood loses size when it's fabricated

for instance 2 x 4's are really about 1 3/4" x 3 3/4"

my father owns a carpentry business....thats the only reason i know

You should be fine w/ what you've got
2x4's mass produced are 1.5" x 3.5" The reason for this is its cheaper to produce smaller 2x4's that still do the job (holding the required amount of weight) and they can produce more from the source wood. The smaller 2x4's get away with it because building code has changed the required spacing of 2x4's from 18" center to center to 16" (I'm pretty sure about that ...)

If you get 3/4" MDF it should be 3/4" thick. And it is. I just measured some I have in the garage.

x2

3/4 inch mdf is 3/4 .... it isnt fabricated its pressed

its also 4'1" x 8'1"

its always fun when i tell the guy at lowes that its actually 49 inches wide and he persists to argue with me until he measures it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

thanks...im gonna go head and bring it back...and find the 3/4".....jus to be safe...its gonna be a 8 cu ft box divided in two chambers...4cu ft each....for 2 15"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.