My amplifier is bigger than yours... New sub setup <_<

My bass output would blow away the headphones. ^^

Just because it's an old amp doesn't mean it doesn't work. I'm running over 200 RMS to the sub. Since I'm only running one channel, the inverter puts enough current out for it. While that's probably not a lot to a good amount of you guys... Compared to any other setups around my school... :/ You see quite a few 800 watt sony amps powering 1200 watt pairs of duals in a dual prefab light up box. This quite easily blows those away in SQ, frequently in SPL, too.

And my other speakers work well.

Actually, my bass does a pretty darn good job of vibrating the seats. The sub's more sensitive to the power than others I've seen. While still hitting low notes well.

My bass output would blow away the headphones. ^^
Just because it's an old amp doesn't mean it doesn't work. I'm running over 200 RMS to the sub. Since I'm only running one channel, the inverter puts enough current out for it. While that's probably not a lot to a good amount of you guys... Compared to any other setups around my school... :/ You see quite a few 800 watt sony amps powering 1200 watt pairs of duals in a dual prefab light up box. This quite easily blows those away in SQ, frequently in SPL, too.

And my other speakers work well.

Actually, my bass does a pretty darn good job of vibrating the seats. The sub's more sensitive to the power than others I've seen. While still hitting low notes well.
In SQ, without an LP... nope.

Also, you apparently know nothing of the bliss of true head-fi... IEM's or Cans...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

nG

In SQ, without an LP... nope.
Also, you apparently know nothing of the bliss of true head-fi... IEM's or Cans...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

nG
Not really, actually, I've never managed to hear a good pair of headphones. But I guarantee it will be less actual volume in the car than the sub can produce.

Is this an SQ system? Hell no. This is a "Hey, let's make this work and play music" system. I'm not doing the 1812 Overture in here - this is mainly for listening to rock and rap. I'm in a wind ensemble for quality music - you can't beat an actual stage performance for quality, from good players.

All I can say is rofl.
If you were serious... I'd take you up on it likely. See, my problem is that I'm 17, and my parents are joint owners on my bank account. Resulting in them having full access to both the account money and records. And since I'm living with them, I have to respect their wishes as to how my money is spent. They don't like spending money into a car. So I get creative. I can work on it all I want, but money is limited.

And I'm limited as to what I can sell - have to keep the inverter, and I doubt I'd get any money out of the sony box.

I am very serious.

MTX Thunder 5000 12, small Pioneer amp like 50x2, I have a few coax speakers and some decent 6x9's out at my garage,and a few more things I have forgotten about. I will gladly give it to you just cover the shipping.

Quit trying to justify it not *******.
nG
I never said it was a good system >_> Just that it works, won't blow up my car, and sounds better than anything else I can put together. Not to mention my whole stock setup was totally screwed. Surrounds had rotted away, and they were old crappy speakers. I'm justifying why I did it - I had no other option other to remain stock with damaged speakers that can't play a note below 100hz. And I hate headphones. Other people can't hear them when your in the car. Great at night, when your listening to music by yourself, but in a car, not so good.

As for your offer, DBDRAGGUY, the MTX subwoofer wouldn't be needed. The infinity subwoofer I have is a car audio subwoofer, and sounds good. However, amplifiers are mainly what's needed. And a better set of speakers in general would be good. But that would depend on shipping. If it gets over $40 in shipping or so, I'd be in the same boat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.