My amplifier is bigger than yours... New sub setup <_<

you should be ban for this //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

why don't you plug a tv, dvd, tape and playstation in your trunk too

Why do your parents have a 15 passenger van?
Short bus obviously.
you should be ban for this //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gifwhy don't you plug a tv, dvd, tape and an ATARI 2600 in your trunk too
Fixed.

This is sad. I have some CAR AUDIO equipment I will give you, just pay the shipping cost.

I have 2 amps a nitro 150 by 2 and a sony xplod 4 by 6 i would sell both to you for 60 bucks let me know so you can get the ghetto amp out of there. I am serious about this to.

ok? Why the Puk dont you just run a sub pre-amp out put line, get a better deck if you dont have a deck with a sub pre-amp........ The idea is ok, big deal eh. Maybe try to find an old house sub with a crossover in it and use that too. If you are using it for complete source unit then you should try to mount it under the dash. In the glove box.. Big pimping. How do you have the sub wired, 4 ohms, 2 ohms, is it dual 4? dual 2? make it greater rather then less ohms. and that will be a cleaner bass. This could be a new show, like junkyard wars....Junkyard Theater..... Get an old tube tv and cram it through the windshield and seal it up... Man i can give you all sort a ideas....

1978 Sony house receiver- $5 at a Garage sale

500 watt power invertor- Free from dad's van

25' extension cord- $17 at Home Depot

The look on your face when your car catches fire and burns to the ground... Priceless

needs a turntable...
All I can say is rofl.

you should be ban for this //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gifwhy don't you plug a tv, dvd, tape and playstation in your trunk too
I considered it - but not in the trunk. Actually, I think my next project, is taking and building a computer into the glove box. Since I have an old pentium 4, with all the parts necessary, I think I can make it work. Won't be fast by any means, but it'll work decently enough. Play DVD's and etc. The hardest part is obtaining the screen, but I'm thinking about trying to make a screen that'll fold up from the top of the dashboard, covered by a leather piece to blend it, that I can fold up when I'm not moving for a 12 inch screen or so. But that's all up in the air atm.

That looks like a pretty big reciever...is that little 500 watt inverter enough for it?..
Amazingly enough, yes. Inverter stays colder - it stays under 25 C, enough after several hours of playing.

This is sad. I have some CAR AUDIO equipment I will give you, just pay the shipping cost.
If you were serious... I'd take you up on it likely. See, my problem is that I'm 17, and my parents are joint owners on my bank account. Resulting in them having full access to both the account money and records. And since I'm living with them, I have to respect their wishes as to how my money is spent. They don't like spending money into a car. So I get creative. I can work on it all I want, but money is limited.

And I'm limited as to what I can sell - have to keep the inverter, and I doubt I'd get any money out of the sony box.

I have 2 amps a nitro 150 by 2 and a sony xplod 4 by 6 i would sell both to you for 60 bucks let me know so you can get the ghetto amp out of there. I am serious about this to.
Don't know much about the nitro, but I'd probably pass on the xplode amp. As with I said above, money is limited. Any extra money I have goes to my girl, which honestly takes priority well over car audio.

So this is what Kansas City mobile audio has gotten to while I've been gone?
Sorry. You can't tell from outside the car, at least. And yes, Kansas City mobile audio kinda ***** imo. Duals are very popular.

ok? Why the Puk dont you just run a sub pre-amp out put line, get a better deck if you dont have a deck with a sub pre-amp........ The idea is ok, big deal eh. Maybe try to find an old house sub with a crossover in it and use that too. If you are using it for complete source unit then you should try to mount it under the dash. In the glove box.. Big pimping. How do you have the sub wired, 4 ohms, 2 ohms, is it dual 4? dual 2? make it greater rather then less ohms. and that will be a cleaner bass. This could be a new show, like junkyard wars....Junkyard Theater..... Get an old tube tv and cram it through the windshield and seal it up... Man i can give you all sort a ideas....
I have a sub pre-amp line, but I'm unsure of how to get it wired up. Never honestly looked at it much, but I'm almost positive I have no wires for that.

It's not the source. Just being used as an amplifier, taking the RCA cables from the deck to the auxiliary line on the home audio unit. Sub is a SVC 4-ohm sub, rated for 350 RMS, based on outputs, I'm probably getting around 220-250 through it. The amp here is built like a rock. And, the bass is extraordinarily clean, imo, for what it is. The only distortion I get is from the sub playing too high of notes. Rock songs come in clear.

1978 Sony house receiver- $5 at a Garage sale 500 watt power invertor- Free from dad's van

25' extension cord- $17 at Home Depot

The look on your face when your car catches fire and burns to the ground... Priceless
Sorry. Fused. I'm not an idiot, please and thank you.

Bolted down, too. I won't have problems with anything less than a fatal wreck. Unless it's in the rear, in which case I just totally lose my equipment I have. Not that much of a loss.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.