Need advice on ground pounder.....

Participant count
  • Participant list

raptor727
10+ year member

come get some!!
pensacola FL
Ok here is my newest delema lol... I want to build a nasty low end ground pounder.I have a 1995 Ford aspire I use for the commute to work everday 30+ miles one way and lately I have deadened it put a ssa xcon 18 and ported box along with an American bass phantom 4000 and it gets nasty in this little beater.... My problem is two things actually, number one the car has a 60 amp alt so I have to use a good size battery bank and the biggest and only alt upgrade I can do is a 160 amp singer....

Problem number two is engine power, as it sits now I can barely pull a slight grade in 4th let alone 5th lol.. Now my real question is should I do this build in my 1998 Mustang gt and wall it off in the back or keep pushing the llimits of my beater work car?? I love the aspire for the fact that with just one 18 it pulls small hairtricks and sounds very loud compared to my 2 18's in my old truck but I am afraid if I keep on upgrading my system the car will go from a daily to just a sit at home comp vehicle and that's not what I want... System will be 2 ssa xcon 18's and a crescendo 3500 just incase anyone is wondering.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.