Need some advice!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Daniel Lee

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey guys, I got a 2018 Honda Accord sport 1.5T. I currently have infinity kappas for both front and rear speakers. Powering it is an NVX for channel amplifier (VAD11005). Then I have a kicker CX 1800.1 mono block powering a dual L7 S enclosure. I also have a LC7i connected to the four channel as well as an LC1i dedicated to the mono block (I know that’s not really necessary but the guy who installed it gave it to me for free). Under the hood is all stock except for the battery which is a diehard platinum AGM. In about a week, I’m planning to get another battery installed in the trunk and it is the limitless sodium ion battery with 12 amp hours, and a big 4 upgrade. I know it’s a good amount of demand on the system so my question is will my car benefit significantly from these two upgrades? I’ve done a lot of research on both services and the benefits, but I’d like to get more direct opinions. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_3074.jpeg
    IMG_3074.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3075.jpeg
    IMG_3075.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
Honestly, beyond what you need. It will do the trick for sure, but it is excessive. Not a bad thing, just more than you will ever need. No need for two line out converters either, that's a first. There is one benefit though, the LC1i has a programmable HP (subsonic) filter while the lc7i is fixed at 33 hz. That alone is good enough reason (and the fact that it's already installed) to keep it in the loop. :)

This battery would do just fine and has the added benefit of 100ah of storage. I've spent the better part of the last year studying these things (so hard as so many have opinions but not a lot of factual information to back up the claims) and all that research indicates that this unit, with a 100A BMS would be more than enough for what you are doing. It provides 100A continuous and up to 285A burst for up to 7 seconds at a time. I recommend you use an isolator on any different chemistry/dual battery setup.

I will ship the BNIB one I've attached for $50 anywhere in the cont us, complete with tinned solid copper 1/0 gauge lugs.

It has a longer life than the limitless and it has a lot more storage should that your primary battery ever fail you, hit the button on the isolator and you have a spare to start the car with.

Another optionis to use something like the XS power 3400D (no isolator needed)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-07 184329.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-07 184329.png
    919 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...