• Thread starter <Godsmack>
  • Start date
  • Replies 3
  • Views 2K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
&

<Godsmack>

need ideas for harest hitting but not too loud subs for my 1988 Chevy corsica. While i do my own installations, and even for others i need tips for this car. Box designs, box placement, amps, and head unit ideas would be appriciated. Can spend about 700 dollars. Lastly i also need ideas for a god new color for it. Needs pait bad. must be able to block harsh winters in NY.

ok, so you are spending $700 on the subs right?

Also lets start by determining what you are after more so SQ or SPL.

What type of music do you listen to.

What is powering the subs.

once we know this, the rest will fall into place.

Take it easy,

-zane

Okay I have no amp. I can spend 700 top cash on amps and speakers. I am really looking for the hardest bass without beinsg super loud. (easily angered neighbors) I am just trying to make a hard thuming 700 dollar system, man. If anyone desires they can email me @ Godsmack@caraudio.com or BobCatKD@Aol.com Let me know what you all recomend for me.

Here is a aystem that will fulfill all your listening needs.

2 Infinity Perfect 10"/12" subs = $310/$340

1 MTX 6500D amp = $300

Total = $610/$640

The MTX amp will deliver 490 class D watts to each Perfect bridged @ 2 ohms.

House your 12s in a well sealed and braced box that will give them 1 cu. ft. apiece (.6 cu. ft. for each 10").

Face the subs upward or rearward to get the most sound and deepest bass with least distortion.

You'll need some dampening material in the trunk as this setup will rattle the hell out of your car. Not only does the rattling of the trunk sound bad outside the car it takes a lot away from sound quality and volume inside the car.

This combo will be very loud and sound excellent. As for your neighbors, I don't suggest bumping loud in residential ares. It's just not nice.

For a cheaper, less output setup try 1-12" Perfect on the same amp so you'll have the option of adding another 12 later if you want.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.