New build isn't as loud as it should be.

Confessed
10+ year member

Skar VVX12 D4 wired to 2ohms

Soundstream Rubicon 1600w

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X395

When I go to set my gain with a 50hz tone playing, I see very low voltage even when the gain is up higher than it should be. Gain up almost all the way and I'm not even seeing 500w. Subsonic is set to about 25, lpf at about 80. No bass boost. Battery voltage lowest drop I've seen is 14.0.

How loud do you have your volume set?
Well with USB it's louder than AUX, and I use both. It's always between 25-30 out of 35 though.

And is it absolutely necessary to use a CD with the 50hz tone when using DMM? I really would rather not have to buy any.

Your HU has a "Volume Offset" according to Crutchfield.

"Volume Offset: The level of each source may be independently adjusted to prevent radical leaps in output volume when switching from one source to another. The available settings range from -8 to 0 (-8 to +8 for Aux source)."

Is that set to 0?

Does the amp have a high/low input selector? Does your deck have a sub level? If so it needs to be at max.

And those amps do ****, people think they are good till they try something else. just like the Brutus everybody that dont know any better hugs

the sound stream is good for the price.. turn the HU Sub output to +6 or whatever it is.. then do the dmm.

my soundstream dtr at 750 at 4ohms with subout put at 0 i'm at 1/2 way on gain till i hit 750 on the settings. -6 its almost full tilt. +6 its at 1/8 turn on the amp.. I set mine to 0 to have play with the up and down

first off lmfao, now to helping you out. there is a switch of the rubi's for input voltage .2-2v or 2v-6v.

now back to someone lol at SS that likes DC come on almost everything is a knock off, not bashing im telling the total truth.

the ss rubi make power just gotta figure out how to set it up. people need to not bash and learn the TRUTH before they coment...

Does the amp have a high/low input selector? Does your deck have a sub level? If so it needs to be at max.
And those amps do ****, people think they are good till they try something else. just like the Brutus everybody that dont know any better hugs
Input selector is at 2-8v instead of .1-2v because of my 4v preouts I figure that's how it should be. Sub level is up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.