New exhaust

Participant count
  • Participant list

TWiZTiD859
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
KY
For those of you that dont know I drive a 01 S10 with the 4.3 V6. I need to re-do my exhaust. I had Flowmaster duals on it but after about 6 years the muffler and pipes just rusted off,I dont know if the place I got it done at just did a ****** job or what but it was literally dragging so I had to get under there and cut it the rest of the way off. So for a while it was just y-pipe to cat and thats it,no pipes or nothin. I decided to cut off my cat a few weeks ago,cuz I needed money lol. Hell I got 85 bucks for it. So anyways now it just sounds like complete azz! I just want to run a muffler with no cat and a turn down pipe right after the muffler and dump it before the rear axel,I want my exhaust completly hidden underneath my truck,no tailpipes. I already know what muffler Im going to get,I want a Thrush welded muffler. They are only around $35 and I just like the sound of those mufflers.

My question is what size pipe should I run? What size inlet/outlet muffler should I get? I think stock size is 2.25" I was thinking of doing a new y-pipe 2.25" to 2.5" pipe to a 2.5" inlet/ single 2.5" outlet with a turn down tip dumped before my rear axel. Does that sound good or should I go with 3" or stick with 2.25" or what? I dont want it to be stupid loud but I want a nice rumble. And do you think since I wont be runniong a cat the Thrush welded muffler would be too loud? Please let me know what you all think. Any suggestions are welcome.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

TWiZTiD859

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
TWiZTiD859
KY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date