Nice Tax return = I'm looking for new subs for my NEW build

ITT: noobs trying to help other noobs, but failing considerably.
I say you just buy a single 12 and get a box built for it, rather than getting two horrible quality subs and throwing them in a prefab.

You have many more options for a single 12" under $200 than for two in the same budget. Stop making such a big deal about needing two 12" subs. You'll be able to get muuuuuch louder with a good 12" in a good box than two bad 12"s in a bad one.
Infinity Reference Subs arn't horrible subs. And I was going to get a custom 3.6cu ft net box for them. I don't do pre-fabs anymore, since I found a guy that makes boxes at prices that would make probably everybody on here cry.

Now lets discuss options. I'm thinking my 2nd build, a single Skar VVX-15 in the same ported box that SKAR Audio ships the Skar in themselves. Anything else? Maybe a Sundown 15? SSA? Enlighten me, for I am nothing, and you are gods //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

ITT: noobs trying to help other noobs, but failing considerably.
You aren't going to be happy with $100 12" subs. You've also made every sub comparison only about loudness. My suggestion is that you pay for a quality 12" now, then get another down the line. Going from 12-10" won't open up 100 options price wise, so again, I say you just buy a single 12 and get a box built for it, rather than getting two horrible quality subs and throwing them in a prefab.

You have many more options for a single 12" under $200 than for two in the same budget. Stop making such a big deal about needing two 12" subs. You'll be able to get muuuuuch louder with a good 12" in a good box than two bad 12"s in a bad one.
Then I guess your first comment still applies. You have not said anything that hasn't been iterated already to the OP.

Infinity Reference Subs arn't horrible subs. And I was going to get a custom 3.6cu ft net box for them. I don't do pre-fabs anymore, since I found a guy that makes boxes at prices that would make probably everybody on here cry.
Now lets discuss options. I'm thinking my 2nd build, a single Skar VVX-15 in the same ported box that SKAR Audio ships the Skar in themselves. Anything else? Maybe a Sundown 15? SSA? Enlighten me, for I am nothing, and you are gods //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
god-brahma.jpg

So have you already decided on the Infinity subs, then? And then for your next build, you're going to a single 15? What's the point of all of this?

god-brahma.jpg

So have you already decided on the Infinity subs, then? And then for your next build, you're going to a single 15? What's the point of all of this?
No, I WAS planning on getting the Infinity's, but now I have more money, so I'm thinking of doing a high end single sub.

I'm thinking something with the logo of Skar, Sundown, SSA, all the companies, I've constantly heard about. I just want to do a single high end sub. I'm debating on the Skar VVX15 though. I can get those for $160, so I have more le-way, so I was asking people if there is something better, which I know there is.

Whooaa. Slightly out of my budget, but I'm thinking of doing a Single SA-15 D2, or I stick with my budget and do a single SA-12 D2 sub, either on 1 ohm at 750 watts RMS. Waddya think??

Just to clarify, "moving air" is NOT literally how sound is made. If that is so, then i would expect vented boxes to produce no sound at tuning. Check your facts man. Often times less displacement/excursion can be a good thing. Less excursion = hopeful linearity

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.