No power to installed radio

corykins

Attempted to put in a new radio yesterday, I didn't know they made connectors for the old factory wiring to the new so I cut and crimped the wires together in accordance to how a connector I bought afterwards showed the wires. I turned the car on with everything set up how it should and there was no power. Out of frustration I stuck the yellow battery wire into the lighter socket and it cut on for a while but I need it to work with the radio wires.

What did I do wrong/what can I do to fix it?

break out your light tester. you need to find constant power, ignition power, and ground. once you get those figured out you can worry about the speakers. dont ever cut the harness it only makes life worse for you and a big headache for the next man to own your car. good luck man it wont take that long just be patient and take your time

Sometimes you have to run the remote turn on from fuse box.

Best thing to do if you can is rewire the factory harness back up then buy adaptor.

Never cut wire harness, I haven't cut a harness since the 80's back then it was hard to find the harness round here in a small town but now they sale them everywhere. It's a ***** running test lights an using a 9 volt batt to get your speakers right and takes time.

Soooo much faster to use adaptor. Safer and car Re sales better with the wires not all hacked up

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.