Noob Questions

Participant count
  • Participant list
Those head units have no support, so you kind of have to figure it out on your own. Instructions are pretty garbage.  It should have a remote control input which you can use with a steering wheel interface (unlikely to control it directly). You'll need to research the car for a factory wiring diagram, and likely need to pay for a few day subscription for access to an online shop manual to download schematics. 

Big 3 is always a good idea but the alt positive to battery positive is awkward and may cause issues on new cars (especially how it's mounted).  At least upgrade the two grounds: engine block to chassis and battery negative to chassis.  The power wire should be sized for the alt and is a reliable connection.  Adding to it may compromise reliability.  Ground connections are the most subjective to issues.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.