Ohm Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

bassrock3r
10+ year member

Hey guys I have a subwoofer question. Question about OHM.

I'm buying this amp, Polk Audio Class-D amplifier D5000.5, and I want to know if I should get a 4 Ohm or a 2 Ohm subwoofer.

This is the name of the speaker. RE Audio SRX10D4 or RE Audio SRX10D2

I also have 4 speakers.

Thanks.

Also can someone please explain to me what the difference is.

Dual 2 ohm sub >>> can be wired in series to have a final load of 4 ohms or wired in parallel to get a final load of 1 ohm

Dual 4 ohm sub >>> can be wired in series to have a final load of 8 ohms or wired in parallel to get a final load of 2 ohms

Now from looking at the specs on your amp for the sub channel and the sub, either sub will work, I would buy the SRX10D4 and wire it in parallel for a 2 ohm final load, this would allow me to add another sub later if needed.

Hey guys I have a subwoofer question. Question about OHM.
I'm buying this amp, Polk Audio Class-D amplifier D5000.5, and I want to know if I should get a 4 Ohm or a 2 Ohm subwoofer.

This is the name of the speaker. RE Audio SRX10D4 or RE Audio SRX10D2

I also have 4 speakers.

Thanks.

Also can someone please explain to me what the difference is.
What 4 speaker do you have?

Dual 2 ohm sub >>> can be wired in series to have a final load of 4 ohms or wired in parallel to get a final load of 1 ohm
Dual 4 ohm sub >>> can be wired in series to have a final load of 8 ohms or wired in parallel to get a final load of 2 ohms

Now from looking at the specs on your amp for the sub channel and the sub, either sub will work, I would buy the SRX10D4 and wire it in parallel for a 2 ohm final load, this would allow me to add another sub later if needed.
I can only fit 1 sub into the car. Will it affect the system if I buy the four but hook it up as a 2 ohm?

What 4 speaker do you have?
Infinity Reference 6032cf ii speakers

The 4 Infinity Reference 6032cf will work on the other 4 ch on the amp, one on each channel and wire it normally because it's already 2 ohm load each.

And yes the 1 sub will work fine on the sub channel, and seen that you will only have one sub, then get the dual 2 ohm (RE Audio SRX10D2).

Just curious, what's your budget for the sub? maybe we can suggest something better.

The 4 Infinity Reference 6032cf will work on the other 4 ch on the amp, one on each channel and wire it normally because it's already 2 ohm load each.
And yes the 1 sub will work fine on the sub channel, and seen that you will only have one sub, then get the dual 2 ohm (RE Audio SRX10D2).

Just curious, what's your budget for the sub? maybe we can suggest something better.
Well the amp is $300. And I'm looking to buy a sub $100

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.