OK i need help on the choice opinions really valued

Participant count
  • Participant list

jrmax
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
oklahoma
OK the day after christmas i am going to buy my system and i need to decide what i am going to get so whatever is mentioned on this post is probably what i will consider i have had so many opinions this is my last new post before i buy and i dont want to throw my money away so please help me choose what to go with i want high spl and descent sq! I have about 1000$ for box for 2 12s and amp 2 12"s wiring hu but i am buying off ebay so consider that in the pricing! I like name brands and warranties! so far i am considering JL,rockford,kicker,audiobahn,infinity,eclipse,and MA(not so much now though)! I want to blow myself away and i dont want to underpower my subs!Headunit needs to look descent and perform! Box is a big issue i have a firebird hatchback and i dont think i can face subs backwards so i have to place them on fold down back seat or hatch flooring(blocks back glass) or in the t-top holder facing forward!I think that covers it thank you!

Originally posted by jrmax:OK the day after christmas i am going to buy my system and i need to decide what i am going to get so whatever is mentioned on this post is probably what i will consider i have had so many opinions this is my last new post before i buy and i dont want to throw my money away so please help me choose what to go with i want high spl and descent sq! I have about 1000$ for box for 2 12s and amp 2 12"s wiring hu but i am buying off ebay so consider that in the pricing! I like name brands and warranties! so far i am considering JL,rockford,kicker,audiobahn,infinity,eclipse,and MA(not so much now though)! I want to blow myself away and i dont want to underpower my subs!Headunit needs to look descent and perform! Box is a big issue i have a firebird hatchback and i dont think i can face subs backwards so i have to place them on fold down back seat or hatch flooring(blocks back glass) or in the t-top holder facing forward!I think that covers it thank you!
At this very moment I don't have time to go through and give suggestions on every item but since your on a budget I recommend Audiobahn 1200x or 1200EU subs (EU's are 90 bucks a piece at ww.thezeb.com, 1200x are mechanically identical but wrapped in chrome and cost about 30 bucks more), I'd also recommend a Lanzar 1200D to power the subs cause it's a cheap amp that puts out alot of actual rms power. I'd also recommend a deck with 3 preouts (front, rear, subs) this way you can cut out the equalizer and still have complete control of the bass (the lanzar amp comes with a remote gain). Component wise you're gonna have to go cheap if your only spending 1000 bucks. I'm not component set expert so I don't want to recommend anything cheap for you and have it sound like ass, I'll let someone else make suggestions. You can get a box for your firebird at www.crutchfield.com I think or a generic box from www.sounddomain.com

thanks alot man but ouch i thought i could get a little more for the money i am not buying component speakers cuz i got a quality sound package in my car and i hope it will let me go a little bigger than that without that cost thanks man

Originally posted by jrmax:thanks alot man but ouch i thought i could get a little more for the money i am not buying component speakers cuz i got a quality sound package in my car and i hope it will let me go a little bigger than that without that cost thanks man
Well cutting out the components gives you a whole level to play with cause now you're just talking killer subs, nice headunit and a big amp. If you stick with the 1200D Lanzar amp you might be able to get Eclipse subs, which are awesome or some higher end audiobahns that hit, you could even go cheaper and get 2 JL 12W3's and leave yourself even more money for a better amp and headunit. You could also try earthquake subs if you want both deep bass and precision.

I was in the same boat, my car came with infinity components so I only had to spend cash on a deck, subs, amp and all the installation garbage. Now though I'm considering getting some better subs, perhaps some eclipses but that woun't happen for a while. Goodluck with your setup.

Ya components add up. So eclipses are awsome eh. Oh ya i noticed you run the JVC kdsh99 hu is that a good one i have looked at alot of em and i have to tell you that is the one that got my heart pumping do you like it. I will probably end up with one how much did you pay and where did you get yours!?thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.