On the way to work my battery turned off

dangerzone9k
10+ year member

D.C.
Hi all,

Some background... I bought a new deck 149bt and wanted to replace my old one. I took out the old deck yesterday but did not put the new one in because I was fasting and was really hot outside. I have two amps and a sub in the trunk. The power is still connected for those items... anyone know why this happened. Car is a honda s2000 - I was thinking that the ecu got reset and the car is learning again... i could be wrong.

BTW the car started back up and I didn't notice the issue... the battery is new as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Cars came to a stop because of traffic and I pushed the clutch in and put it in neutral... the car cut off. The car didn't stall - there was no jerk or bogging. It shut off smoothly. The car was idling below 1K rpm. It might be because the ECU got reset but this has never happened before and I've owned the car since 2005.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you done the honda ecu voltage bypass?

If the voltage goes to high or to low the system shuts its self off to save the electrical from damage.

You might be maxing your alt amperage.

I have not done the ecu bypass. I have rca cables in the dash and they might have touched but I don't think that's the issue...

All I did was take off the positive connection from the battery, remove the old deck by disconnecting the harness, cutting the remote turn on and unplugging the front and sub rca cables..

I doubt your issue has anything to do with the stereo system, unless a battery terminal fell off, and even then your alternator should run the car.

Go to get my battery checked to see if the alternator is working.
Look up electronic load detector its in almost all hondas.

If you want to bypass it you have to run a new charging wire from the alternator to the battery and remove the wire coming from the fuse box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dangerzone9k

10+ year member
dangerzone9k
D.C.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from