Optima or Kinetic

also if noone recomends yellow tops then why the hell do i see so many

of you using them?
I'm using a yellow top =P

I bought it a few months ago.

I always hear that these suckers can last 10 years with abuse, and that's why I got it for under my hood =]

I've also heard horror stories about them ****ing up when over charged in the garage.

Meh, I'll be upgrading to a powermaster D3100 for later this year (trunk)

Well all comments considered, I probably will help my self to a hc1400due to its almost identical size to my stock battery and its reputation.

Keep in mind that i won't b running 3kw right now because my sub just

wont take that much wattage.

And as time goes on I will drop another 1400 in the trunk and upgrade my

alt, but times are hard now and i only want to get the essentials, so i wont stall

every time my bass hits

p.s. i have 1awg coming in soon enough to run my amp and redo my

weak sauce big 3

also if noone recomends yellow tops then why the hell do i see so many

of you using them?
Some people have good luck with YT others don't. Lots of SQ guys have used them over the years where some like/love others downright hate them. This is from a time fram where people did not have 2k+ watt amplifiers but also didn't have 200A + alternators.

I have had my Kinetik for over 4 years which is longer than what any yt or rt I have owned lasted. When matching up 2 batteries age is important as well as type and size. Also by Kinetik's recommendations the model number = watts of support they suggest. If you keep it within reason you can go over a bit, where as other battery recommendations seem to drop in voltage without the use of huge alts or seemingly fall to a dangerous level with engine off applications.

i know i probably shouldn't say this cause ill probably have a problem with my YT now. but i have a YT under my hood with a EA 250 alt. its been there for like 2-3 months now and i haven't had a problem with it. thought about adding a second one the same size in the trunk just so i wouldn't have to run an isolator also so it would be there when i get a bigger amp.

like stated, a 1400 wont solve any of your charging problems running 3kw daily. You are going to need an alt, and at "least" a Kinetik 2400. I, personally would run like two 1800's plus a yellow top or 1400 under the hood...Yellow tops are good under-hood batteries but the discharge rate is not as fast as a dry cell AGM. And thats what your going to benifit from most on the storage closest to your amp...

Since this thread was bumped back up,

the stupid shop doesn't have the dam hc1400

The owner is a rude mofo that keeps me running around "just to hear no not today"

it was supposed to be there tue.

So...

How good are the Deka Intimidator batterys. I've seen them in a few installs and

if they work fine I wouldn't mind saving a few bucks or just getting two.

And I'm open to suggestions just keep in mind that I'm on a budget.

thx

I dont like Optima because

1- they are way overpriced, you can just as good if not better for cheaper

2- they put them in the Liberty diesels and after a year we were replacing them. Yea they were redtops, but this was on stock vehicles, just says something about their company quality to me.

Since this thread was bumped back up,the stupid shop doesn't have the dam hc1400

The owner is a rude mofo that keeps me running around "just to hear no not today"

it was supposed to be there tue.

So...

How good are the Deka Intimidator batterys. I've seen them in a few installs and

if they work fine I wouldn't mind saving a few bucks or just getting two.

And I'm open to suggestions just keep in mind that I'm on a budget.

thx

For bang/buck Deka is probably going to be the best way to go on a budget. you can get 100Ah for about $200...as opposed to the 60Ah from an HC-1400...just keep scanning the classifieds, you can find some good deals on batts...

will do, and all this negativity hovering over yellow tops

made me look @ other batterys so the thread title is misleading

I wish i could change it to "help shellfish get an affortable battery" lol

And thanks a ton for all the help from all you guys, cheers!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.