over kill car ?

and that is why i built the box i have now with sub up so the sub would hit off the hatch. question i just went outside and i see i have 38 instead of 35 inches for left to right could i to replace adding depth and just add it to width and still make it fine. 

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

alright man you take care and thanks for the help man good night.
Yea, it should, you will just have more port sticking out of the box ....

Now like I said before, I have never studied the acoustics of your model car. And this box is got a pretty good bump around 40hz .....I do not know exactly how it will sound in your car ...
but it should bump pretty good ...
40 to high i need it to be more like 33 to 35 for daily

40 to high i need it to be more like 33 to 35 for daily
we are not talking about tuning, we are talking about response curves if you tune to 30, you will not peak at 30, it will peak higher thats normal and thats how it is, we are not telling you to tune at 40hz thats a different story and that will peak in the 50s. Download winisd and look up tutorials on how to use it. Download torres box calculator too. You can play with all the dimensions you want.

with winisd, you can use the sub's ts parameters to see how well it will perform, potential spl gains and port air velocity.

WINISDreport2_zps6c251b12.png

we are not talking about tuning, we are talking about response curves if you tune to 30, you will not peak at 30, it will peak higher thats normal and thats how it is, we are not telling you to tune at 40hz thats a different story and that will peak in the 50s. Download winisd and look up tutorials on how to use it. Download torres box calculator too. You can play with all the dimensions you want.

WINISDreport2_zps6c251b12.png
oh ok got a little confused there for a moment.

well if anything we might just have to go with slotted port instead if we are not to sure about all this since jeff did say if i am facing sub up we can do slotted port. but either way i'm thinking about building 2 boxes one slotted and one the other way and see which sounds better.

well if anything we might just have to go with slotted port instead if we are not to sure about all this since jeff did say if i am facing sub up we can do slotted port. but either way i'm thinking about building 2 boxes one slotted and one the other way and see which sounds better.
slot port is only possible with 10 x 35.5 x 19

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.