• Participant list

rumpels

UK
Hello everyone.

SETUP: Pioneer DEH 2300UB HU

Kicker DS 525 fronts

PioneerGM-D9500F amp

JBL GTO-1202D sub

I'm stuck on how to wire the two Y-leads RCAS (one from the head unit & the other for my two fronts) into the back of the amp which has two input channels A&B.

At the moment am either getting sub + left front or if i swap them round i get vice versa. i'm trying o follow the manual but i think i have come unstuck.

I will try and upload the pics for the current setup.

Thank you.

Please help.

6b8728f6-3d90-42a7-bda7-4a6438870bec_zpsc0539653.jpg
[/img]

temporary_zps120f3af5.jpg
[/img]

http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii534/sikiliza69/audio/DSC00382_zpsd3e3ed5c.jpg[/img]"]

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't see from the pics where the "Y" is connected. Looks like you have one rca output, so you should have that one run of rca's going from the Hu to the back where you should have the y split (single female to dual male) going into the amp. Make sure you have the l/r and a/b hooked up right. Looks like the B channel is briged? Is the amp switched to 4 channel? Can't tell from the pic.

Can't see from the pics where the "Y" is connected. Looks like you have one rca output, so you should have that one run of rca's going from the Hu to the back where you should have the y split (single female to dual male) going into the amp. Make sure you have the l/r and a/b hooked up right. Looks like the B channel is briged? Is the amp switched to 4 channel? Can't tell from the pic.
Thks for the reply.

I will upload a pic showing the Y lead that i split to connect the two fronts, white rca jack for left speaker and red for the front. and yes the sub is in channel B which is bridged and the amp is in 4 channel mode

I will also upload the pics from the manual that i'm struggling to follow showing how to wire a 3 channel connection.

Thanks again , your directions are much appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
set deck to full range output. use one set of rca's and connect to input a of the amp. select 2ch input and there you go.
by deck, do you mean the head unit or the amp( sorry if it sounds stupid). if i use one set will i still get sound from both the sub and the fronts?

Thks again

this is pic is from the manual that i'm trying to follow

3channel_zpsb73d2991.jpg
[/img]

rca_zps4eac4b06.jpg
[/img] this where am confused

Pics of the amp back and front

gmd9500f_side2_large_zps8c6308fa.jpg
[/img]

gmd9500f_side1_large_zps17d90b40.jpg
[/img]

and finally the pic of the RCA lead that i split to connect the left speaker (white jack) and right speaker (red jack)

temporary_zpsf8eb38bb.jpg
[/img]

deck is the head unit. folllow the pic and use note 4. only one rca out of the deck so only use input a and select 2 ch input. You have to make sure that the head unit is set to full range output and then use the settings on the amp to filter the sub and mids.

You don't really have a "y" connection on your setup. Like crossover said, run your rca's to the A channel and switch it to the 2 channel mode and ditch that splicing you ran. If you want to keep it in the 4 channel mode, you could run a short set of rca's from the output of the amp to the B channel input too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.