Please help in choosing which subwoofer to go with...

jl is junk for what you spend on them. Then for a box either have some one make you a design or make you a box. Ram designs does good designs and Surreal/ pro rabbit make awesome boxes.

well the only difference is getting a box and screwing it in, a custom box will sound a million times better and the 1300 bucks you spent on the jl you can get a tc axis which is a million times better sub, a custom box from pro-rabbit on here which will look much better, kerf port etc, painted to match car, recessed sub double baffle, and all prof installed for less lol

and then have a better and louder system

they can provide you with boxes they have made, theirs millions floating around on this site lol. they custom make the box for your needs, music etc. their all different. they use tuning calculators. its not just slap a box together and put it in the middle ground. thats why custom will always blow away pre fab.

SQ BUT not to compromise on SPL... I want to hit hard, tight, low, and harrrrdddddddddd!
hard and harrrrdddddddddd huh?

yea, as much of a JL fan as I am, i agree that you can get better for your money. Id go with SSA or Sundown. I had some SA-8s that really suprised me for SQ and loud was no issue. im still fixing rattles those things created! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.