china love you long time..
I've done my research:

Frontline expose:

Is Wal-Mart Good for America? | FRONTLINE | PBS

Music:

Lyrics:

lyricsvip.com

Results: Data from Foreign Trade - U.S. Trade with China

U.S. Trade Imbalance with China (millions of dollars, to China)

Year Amount

1985 6

1986 1664

1987 2796

1988 3489

1989 6234

1990 10431

1991 12591

1992 18309

1993 22777

1994 29505

1995 33789

1996 39520

1997 47695

1998 56927

1999 68677

2000 83833

2001 83096

2002 103064

2003 124068

2004 161938

2005 201544

2006 232548

2007 258506

2008 268040

2009 208688

2010 273063

2011 295422

2012 315053

2013 318417

2014 342632

2015 365694

John Kuthe...

I bit the Made In China bullet bullet when I went with Alpine. I had to also bite the Made In China bullet to get the most powerful plug-in electric lawn mower and weed wacker I also bought, but I got a plug-in electric leaf blower made my Stihl here in the USA! **** nice leaf blower too! I'm trying though, to NOT send $$ to China whenever possible! You? Or are you selling the U.S.?
John Kuthe...
Buying made in America for the sake of "took er jerbs" is a red herring. In the very near future advances in robotics and automation will make virtually all human manufacturing even at third world slave labor rates obsolete. Ditto for self driving cars putting commercial drivers out of work and automation in agriculture putting even more unskilled laborers out of work. I'm sure mining, forestry, and other harvesting/production of natural resources will become automated as well in most of our lifetimes. Even in the maple syrup business, computer monitored vacuum systems are replacing men out in the woods.

Some things buying first world made buys better quality, some things not so much. The future economy has no place to pay some donkey 25$ an hour + union benefits to stand at an assembly line and tighten one bolt all day.

Buying made in America for the sake of "took er jerbs" is a red herring. In the very near future advances in robotics and automation will make virtually all human manufacturing even at third world slave labor rates obsolete. Ditto for self driving cars putting commercial drivers out of work and automation in agriculture putting even more unskilled laborers out of work. I'm sure mining, forestry, and other harvesting/production of natural resources will become automated as well in most of our lifetimes. Even in the maple syrup business, computer monitored vacuum systems are replacing men out in the woods.
Some things buying first world made buys better quality, some things not so much. The future economy has no place to pay some donkey 25$ an hour + union benefits to stand at an assembly line and tighten one bolt all day.
If you/we all LET IT!! And I agree with you about SOME U.S. unions becoming as corrupt as the management they were formed to counter. Like the UAW, OMG!!! Others too, like teamsters, etc.

And technology is NOT gonna be the salvation of everyone's problems. And what do you mean "first world" ? The U.S. has never been first world. The European settlers that created the U.S. killed or drove out of their homelands almost all the First Americans as Bernie Sanders put it. We live on conquered ground!! Bad karma, black juju! And it's coming to pass! :-(

John Kuthe...

If you/we all LET IT!! And I agree with you about SOME U.S. unions becoming as corrupt as the management they were formed to counter. Like the UAW, OMG!!! Others too, like teamsters, etc.
And technology is NOT gonna be the salvation of everyone's problems. And what do you mean "first world" ? The U.S. has never been first world. The European settlers that created the U.S. killed or drove out of their homelands almost all the First Americans as Bernie Sanders put it. We live on conquered ground!! Bad karma, black juju! And it's coming to pass! :-(

John Kuthe...
The point being within a decade or two ANY assembly line worker isn't going to be worth 2$ an hour with no benefits when a robot can do the job tirelessly, without error, without robbing you, suing you, banging in sick on Mondays, or requiring a pension or healthcare.

Unskilled labor is going the way of the horse and buggy driver like it or not.

The point being within a decade or two ANY assembly line worker isn't going to be worth 2$ an hour with no benefits when a robot can do the job tirelessly, without error, without robbing you, suing you, banging in sick on Mondays, or requiring a pension or healthcare.
Unskilled labor is going the way of the horse and buggy driver like it or not.
That's why I got into skilled labor, nursing. Hard to automate or outsource direct patient care!! :)

John Kuthe...

I'd bet your children will live to see that automated as well.
Oh, there's a lot of technological toys that help me deliver better faster patient direct patient care, but they ALL require a NURSE to operate/administer, etc.

You gonna trust the care of YOUR loved one to a machine? ;-)

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.