pretty sad

Sorry, Korean buildhouses don't backstep their production. Sundown, Incriminator, or any other Korean distributor just gets what the buildhouses pump out. They don't get a choice on what they sell you, other than getting a custom made logo on the amp and a users manual with bad english.
Not one of our current model Class-D amps is a "stock" board. All of the new 2012 models we are working on are customized to what we want as well -- we are currently finalizing the designs, will pay the tooling, and have a customized board produced as we did with the SAX-1200D, SAZ-1500D v.2, SAZ-2500D, SAZ-3500D, and NS-1 boards. In the distant past we've had amps based on stock board designs but things change.

Of course I'm not sitting here laying out every resistor, re-inventing the driver boards, etc... there is no reason to do that when I am paying someone to do it for me and/or there is no need to fix aspects that aren't broken. But when I want to use, for example, 16x DFP70N06 power supply FETs, 8x FDA24N40 out FETs, four transformers of a specific size, output filters of a certain size, mount the FETs a certain way, secure the board a certain way, use a certain voltage capacitor, tool a new crossover section, tweak the voltage protection, utilize higher voltage regulators, design a new heat-sink, etc, etc that is something I am more than able to put into a custom board design. We are not being "handed" something that we had no say on what was to be put inside.

And for reference... the 1000D board still exists and the older SAE style casing still exists. We recently made a special run of the SAZ-1000D for WoofersEtc.com -- we didn't stop making it because it wasn't available and we were being forced to "take what we are given"... we stopped making it because we had the SAX-1200D board designed around our goals and specifications to replace the 1000D model as the 1200D produces significantly more power per square inch.

Not one of our current model Class-D amps is a "stock" board. All of the new 2012 models we are working on are customized to what we want as well -- we are currently finalizing the designs, will pay the tooling, and have a customized board produced as we did with the SAX-1200D, SAZ-1500D v.2, SAZ-2500D, SAZ-3500D, and NS-1 boards. In the distant past we've had amps based on stock board designs but things change.
Of course I'm not sitting here laying out every resistor, re-inventing the driver boards, etc... there is no reason to do that when I am paying someone to do it for me and/or there is no need to fix aspects that aren't broken. But when I want to use, for example, 16x DFP70N06 power supply FETs, 8x FDA24N40 out FETs, four transformers of a specific size, output filters of a certain size, mount the FETs a certain way, secure the board a certain way, use a certain voltage capacitor, tool a new crossover section, tweak the voltage protection, utilize higher voltage regulators, design a new heat-sink, etc, etc that is something I am more than able to put into a custom board design. We are not being "handed" something that we had no say on what was to be put inside.

And for reference... the 1000D board still exists and the older SAE style casing still exists. We recently made a special run of the SAZ-1000D for WoofersEtc.com -- we didn't stop making it because it wasn't available and we were being forced to "take what we are given"... we stopped making it because we had the SAX-1200D board designed around our goals and specifications to replace the 1000D model as the 1200D produces significantly more power per square inch.
That's why I never understood why people always say one amp has the same board as another. Sure intially there are a few things the same but that cannot be said when you put that many different custom parts on to a board. Are you making a new line of amps? I plan on getting a 3500 in the future and want to make sure it will not be upgraded soon after I get one.

BAM lol just wanted to but in

Sorry, Korean buildhouses don't backstep their production. Sundown, Incriminator, or any other Korean distributor just gets what the buildhouses pump out. They don't get a choice on what they sell you, other than getting a custom made logo on the amp and a users manual with bad english.
Tell me more? I mean you have massive inside and knowledge on this topic. I will then be happy to give you a detail reply and prove you wrong.

Thanks,

Nick Wright

Incriminator Audio

Tell me more? I mean you have massive inside and knowledge on this topic. I will then be happy to give you a detail reply and prove you wrong.
Thanks,

Nick Wright

Incriminator Audio
2 shots 1 kill both of you just destroyed that quote

this has gotten wayyyy off topic. i ment this tread to get people talking cause the site is getting kinda blahh.
Well back on topic than I have heard and seen so many l7 horror stories that I would never purchase them. Not only that but sa8 having a bigger magnet is just a fail for kicker. Square subs sound like ****.

Well back on topic than I have heard and seen so many l7 horror stories that I would never purchase them. Not only that but sa8 having a bigger magnet is just a fail for kicker. Square subs sound like ****.
yeah man i had two kicker l5's that were 600rms. i blew them on a kicker zx 1500.1, they didnt last 10 seconds on it. froze the coils up on both. im not a fan of kicker, i guess there solo x series is ok, but i see them as a joke and a brand that just appeals to teenagers.

Thanks,

Nick Wright

Incriminator Audio
Hey, you're the one whom called me 3 years ago and offered me the same deal you're giving Jacob.

That's why I never understood why people always say one amp has the same board as another. Sure intially there are a few things the same but that cannot be said when you put that many different custom parts on to a board. Are you making a new line of amps? I plan on getting a 3500 in the future and want to make sure it will not be upgraded soon after I get one.
All of the SAZ / SAX line amps are being re-done for 2012.

Seriously Dan .I do believe you have a issue not thinking before you speak .I have seen that time and time again from you . I think in the future you should do your homework on topics before posting

Thanks,

Nick Wright

Incriminator Audio
Hey, you're the one whom called me 3 years ago and offered me the same deal you're giving Jacob.
Sorry, to get off topic guys, will be back to the show in a few.

Dan – You’ve open the car of worms so let’s finish this. I mean you are commenting on and giving answers to questions you don’t know the answers too. You don’t see me coming on here and saying Dan up in Clarksville’s is 6 months behind on his mortgage and it about to lose his house. Of course you don’t that would be unprofessional and at the same time I have no knowledge of the truth, so I prefer to stay out of the slander column.

First off, I see Jacob has replied to you first. Before you jump down to me, you might want to reply to his comment about the work he is doing over at Sundown. Tell him he didn’t make those products or tool them? I’m sure his customer will let you see what’s in their car, I mean seeing is believing or in this business it’s hearing.

Second, then you can reply to me with your knowledge, after all I did ask you point blank a question as well as Jacob did. Your reply to me to prove you are credible is to start pointing fingers. Sounds childish to me.

Third, I did call you or in this case return your sales call. I mean you did come to us looking for amplifiers and it’s my job to help you and I did. I pulled your record and I did see what we talked about it – the topic was only 2000D and 2500D’s on 12/26/2008 and you even sent me an email thanking me for all the help I gave you. “Hello Nick, I just wanted to drop a line to you to thank you for the phone call today - it was quite illuminating on what I need to accomplish. I hope you and your family have a merry holiday season, and I'll be speaking with you on this topic again soon. Dan”

Fourth, this thread just reminded me I need to call Jacob, Rusty, Jess, and a few other folks about their current amps order with me as I make for everyone you know. Then when I get done I can call Steve Irby over at Kicker and let him know that he can’t get Kicker 2500’s anymore as the buildhouse is changing the design – afterall they don’t do enough volume to get it there way.

Dan – the simple truth is this – we have jobs to make product and we do, to say that we go by what a buildhouse says is the most ridiculous thing ever said, as we couldn’t control QC, QA, or product specification. I’m not sure you why you would say these things after I offered you anything you want, if you had the tooling money. Sounds simple to me.

I’m not trying to pick on you, but don’t make comments that your know aren’t true.

Thanks,

Nick

I made this thread 100000x more entertaining imo.

Nick, I enjoyed reading yours/jacobs posts over the stuff.. didn't mean to cause a trouble regardless. I was just saying I liked the older/smaller amp and can't find one anywhere now. Apparently that randomness brought a lot of hassle for you guys and that wasn't the intent.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.