Problem with sub woofer cutting out.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mikeaudio

Arizona
My subs work fine and sound great. But around 2/3 of the way up volume they begin to cut out! I've checked all my wiring, grounds, impedance, rms watts, voltage, connections and checked for damage to the voice coils. I can't find the problem. Help please. Thanks.

It could be a number of things. But yes, it's like a car almost to diagnose the problem, more info needed and a pic or two would help.

If it only happens when you turn it up then most likely something is loose and vibrating. Check all the wires behind the head unit also.

I had a similar problem with wires behind my head unit being loose from the last owners install.

My subs are 10" pioneers. Model TS-SW1041D. I have them in parallel from the amp (alpine mrp m500, 500wrms @ 2ohm) using #12awg . I have a 2 farad cap (planet audio) feeding the amp. I have already upped the ground wires to #4 awg (battery - to fender, to engine block, to chassis) also upped the positive to the alternator with #4 awg. My subs are 4 ohms each, and I just verified it today with my meter. I have the cap ground and amp ground to steel that is free of paint and I also sanded the steel and cleaned it. Today's swapped out the agm 60A fuse with a 40A maxifuse. I will uploadsome pics asap. Thank you for your help already.

Ok going from a 60A fuse to a 40A amp fuse.....is a no go. That will limit your wattage.

2nd thing...get rid of that friggin' cap!

I'll take the cap out tomorrow and try to show some pictures. The thing is that it started cutting out before the cap. Another note. I took out the subs today and saw that some smoke was coming out of the box. I'm starting to believe that one of my subs is going out. I already ordered new ones. Boomin_tahoe, I have the maxifuse after the cap.

Oh ok.

Smoke from the sub enclosure no good.....typically a blown sub. test them out see if they are causing the problem/issue.

I found problem fellas, thanks for your help. I was checking all my wiring today and as I tugged on all of them to check for a loose connection the remote wire for the amp came out. So I swapped it for a new blue one.

On my amp the light never turns off. It doesn't turn red or any color, it stays blue. I just installed my new subs and they are cutting out the same way my old ones did.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.