Quick question, can someone please help me?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Since86
10+ year member

Ive had my system for about four years and it worked good for about 1 year than the speakers world turn off and on if I turned up the volume high and I would see the battery meter go down so I bought a yellow top. After I installed it nothing changed. So recently I went to my a shop and the guy told me something about ohm being set to max and it couldn't handle it I guess. He did something with that and connected both speakers together than connected to the amp, so is like only one connected. So far it hasn't turned off when I turn up the volume but it sound nothing like it should. So my question is, if I buy another yellow top just for the amp is that cool or will I have the same problem or should I do somethimg else? I have a precision power amp 2000watt and 2 l7 12". I'm planning to go buy a new yellow to soon but I wanted to get some opinions first, Any help would be great. Thank you.

First off - Are your Subs Dual 4ohm or Dual 2ohm?

... 2nd - Do you have the PPI S2000.1D or the D2000/1 from Precision Power?

( They both are 1-ohm stable amps.. But still always good to know which one you have )

3rd - Check your connections ( Make sure the ground is secure on the amp - Fully in the terminal - and ground is clean on the chassis/body of the car )

... Make sure your battery terminals up front are TIGHT and SECURE, free of corrosion.

... Make sure your REMOTE wire is secured behind the CD player & in the amp ( If it's jiggling, it'll cause the amp the cut off and on )

I seriously doubt that you're gonna need another battery...

He checked the amp and said it was working good and the cap was good also. what's rca jacks? you said I probably won't need another battery but if I do buy one you think it might fix the problem? is there anything else I can buy instead of an entire battery that will give power?

Use a volt meter and check the ground resistance from your amp ground to your battery terminal. Many cars are glued together so by the time your system sees the ground of the actual battery, you may have 10 or more ohms of resistance. That will shut down an amp easily. Newer Ford F-150's have showm as much as 15 ohms from the metal behind the seat to the battery.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.