reveiw list of things i should check

Participant count
  • Participant list

4runnercrazy
10+ year member

Mattchu
Danville,CA
so my friends system isnt working (the amp isnt turning on, its not the amp he has tried two) so he is bringing it over today

things i should check

Fuses on power and both amp

make sure the ground is good, no paint connected to chassis

connections of blue wire (power wire is good, ground is good, except it is not plugged into a good ground)

btw the blue wire just turns the amp on correct? no other significance?

real question, is there anything else i should check?

First of all, make sure you start with a working amp. If he has two blown amps, and trying to troubleshoot with them, its no bueno...

First of all, make sure you start with a working amp. If he has two blown amps, and trying to troubleshoot with them, its no bueno...
yea im gonna try mine which i know is working because he has a old RF 40i (back from 1995) and a no name that came out of a car he bought

Also, make sure you are using the correct blue wire from the radio, some have a power antenna and a remote turn on, and the power antenna will sometimes only work when you go to FM(on some units)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.