Ring terminals...how do i use em'??

Donks
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
CO, Ohio
i got the 2gauge ring terminals......and i wanted to know is there a certain way 2 clamp down on them...i heard there a certain way to clamp down on them to get the wire to stay perfectly on the ring terminal

Or am i just trippin' and i can just use some pliers??

ringeterm2.jpg

Nah......I do not do it that way........the crimp tool is spendy

I use a torch and a roll of solder place terminal in vice,heat well and feed solder into

terminal till filled with liquid solder to about 3/4 to top,insert cable and wait about 20 sec's...

heat shrink and rock on

Nah......I do not do it that way........the crimp tool is spendy
I use a torch and a roll of solder place terminal in vice,heat well and feed solder into

terminal till filled with liquid solder to about 3/4 to top,insert cable and wait about 20 sec's...

heat shrink and rock on
I used to do this, but had one slip. now I crimp while solder

bench vice to clamp it then i take something with a point (dont know what the **** its called but almost like a chisel with a single point) and give it a good couple taps with a hammer to make a dent right in the middle, never had a wire done like that come out.

bench vice to clamp it then i take something with a point (dont know what the **** its called but almost like a chisel with a single point) and give it a good couple taps with a hammer to make a dent right in the middle, never had a wire done like that come out.
center punch

Heres is a video of how I do it,only I use solder and not a preformed pellet
That is a bad ass video. That video should be put in a stickied thread. That is exactly how I have done mine, except I use spooled solder, paste flux, and a razor blade to cut the wire jacket. End result is the same though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.