Setup for a 350z

Pholicious

Canada
Looking for advice for a budget setup I have 1500$ give or take I'm not sure whether to run a single 10" or two of them I went to my local audio store but they have almost no experience with 350z.

I'm also not sure of what sub, amp, speakers to run. I can get a decent deal on a kenwood dx419 headunit right now so I just need help with the rest.

Sound quality is important to me but I would also like a nice hit

Not a ton of room in those cars, but you can do a single 10 or a dual 8 ported and get a nice overall response. If you have someone local that is good with wood working and/or fiberglass you can put a pair of 12s ported in there and have some very amazing results.

There are a few "prefab" style enclosures for those cars that are "ok".

get some components for the front doors , dont really worry about the rears if any,also you'll wanna amp the components, since space is an issue i'd look at the vfl hybrid mini amps ,also a pair of 8's in a ported box would be nice as pro rabbit has said ,there are a few vendors here like myself that can help you out with the equipment that you would need ,but depending on were in canada the install might be an issue .

Not a ton of room in those cars, but you can do a single 10 or a dual 8 ported and get a nice overall response. If you have someone local that is good with wood working and/or fiberglass you can put a pair of 12s ported in there and have some very amazing results.
There are a few "prefab" style enclosures for those cars that are "ok".

Yea I was looking at the zenclosure premade box for a single 10 just not sure what sub to put in there and what amp to run it.

Heres what I'm thinking .. I should have room to run whatever amps I want

2.jpg

Yea I was looking at the zenclosure premade box for a single 10 just not sure what sub to put in there and what amp to run it.
my friend has a sealed 350z enclosure bought off ebay and it fits right under the rear strut bar wit the big Z on it very snug for 2 10's, but airspace is definitely limited, i'd say .75 cube per chamber

Yea, around .6-.7 is what you end up with in most of those prefab enclosures.

I would highly suggest some sound dampening of some sort. All of the 350Z's we have ever worked on had an abundance of road noise.

Yea, around .6-.7 is what you end up with in most of those prefab enclosures.

I would highly suggest some sound dampening of some sort. All of the 350Z's we have ever worked on had an abundance of road noise.
this also i'd get a custom box made instead of the prefab ,there are some great builders here that can do this for you and ship it direct .i'd do 1000 rms and a 2 channel 100 watts rms x 2 ,also maybe a id max 10 or a couple of really nice 8's ported either way .

this also i'd get a custom box made instead of the prefab ,there are some great builders here that can do this for you and ship it direct .i'd do 1000 rms and a 2 channel 100 watts rms x 2 ,also maybe a id max 10 or a couple of really nice 8's ported either way .
Who can I contact to make a custom ported box? So 1000rms to my sub and I take it 100watts per speaker? Any suggestions on sub/amp/speakers?

Who can I contact to make a custom ported box? So 1000rms to my sub and I take it 100watts per speaker? Any suggestions on sub/amp/speakers?
There are plenty of options, but none will be able to get you that kind of fitment with out having the car present or one of the prefabs to create a template from.

I will say that shipping to Canada will more then likely kill most enclosure sales, I just shipped a dual 12" enclosure to Orléans, ON. it was not cheap at all.

There are plenty of options, but none will be able to get you that kind of fitment with out having the car present or one of the prefabs to create a template from.
I will say that shipping to Canada will more then likely kill most enclosure sales, I just shipped a dual 12" enclosure to Orléans, ON. it was not cheap at all.
So I'm pretty much stuck with a prefab one then.. ?

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

So I'm pretty much stuck with a prefab one then.. ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.