Silver disc - Alpine CDA-7846J

Participant count
  • Participant list

lista

CarAudio.com Newbie
UK
Hi All, this is my first post here - I’ve recently picked up an Alpine CDA-7846J for my car, and I heard a rattling in the unit and found this (pictured) - does anybody know what this is, and if so, where it needs to go? Hoping to try and get it sorted and in my car in the next week or so - any help is much appreciated!

Picture of it against the unit for scale too.

Yikes, looks like something that is attached, normally internally, to the Disc drive unit that holds the CD in place while it spins. Does the unit play disc fine? If so, keep it around just in case something goes awry!

Yikes, looks like something that is attached, normally internally, to the Disc drive unit that holds the CD in place while it spins. Does the unit play disc fine? If so, keep it around just in case something goes awry!

Thanks for the reply - I’ve not had the chance to test it just yet, I got it a few days ago used, but haven’t had the chance to fit it/turn it on yet. I’ll keep my fingers crossed, though it did come with an MDA-5050 so maybe if it doesn’t work I’ll have to stock up on some minidiscs! I’ll let you know how it goes when I fit it!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...