Silverado people

Participant count
  • Participant list

johndoe1234
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Mesa, AZ
I have an 04 silverado regular cab and was wondering where everyone runs their power wire from the battery?

I have 1/0 gauge wiring and it doesn't look like it will fit through the stock grommet that runs through the firewall. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

drivers side grommet. Poke a hole through and spray some wd40 and the 1/0 will slide thrugh it. I tape the 1/0 to the end of a straightned hanger and push it through the hole. Just be careful not to puncture the factory wires. This is a pretty easy truck, you shouldn't really have issue with it.

I ran my 2 0/1 along the frame, then I drilled a hole in the floor for them to come through with a gromit from ace hardware.

IF you do this, I would cover it with some split wire loom to help protect it from the elements. If you can, zip tie it to the frame to keep it from hanging also. I wouldnt go this route though.

Do as said above and poke a hole in the driverside grommet. Thats what I did.

I ran my 2 0/1 along the frame, then I drilled a hole in the floor for them to come through with a gromit from ace hardware.
That is what I did...came through a factory grommet in the floor on the passenger side...and yes, covered the wires with split loom from the battery to the grommet...helluva lot easier than trying to come thru the firewall...my Silverado is an '08 X-Cab.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.