someone with directechs access

THUNDERBIRD
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
LANSING, MI
so my boss wants me to install a rs in her daughters 2004 pontiac grand am gt for christmas so could someone with access please help me out and supply me with the wire sheet for it for both alarm and rs and then the different bypasses that can be used. i like using the U's but i can do a data also. has anyone done one of these(stupid question) but are they easy or gonna make me work? it depends on how many paid days off of work i am gonna try to pry out of her. any help would be appreciated as i cant use the site no more.

you cant use a U on the grand am.. i always us a 556LW, all the ignition wires are accessed behind the radio, or remove the cluster. Just dont uplug the radios.. i'd get you the info sheet but the new directechs is slow as **** on this computer...

tomorrow? i probly wont be doing it for a few weeks just like to look at the info for a bit to think it out and limit my searching for this wire and that wire.

you cant use a U on the grand am.. i always us a 556LW' date=' all the ignition wires are accessed behind the radio, or remove the cluster. Just dont uplug the radios.. i'd get you the info sheet but the new directechs is slow as **** on this computer...[/quote']
right on, is ther enough room to pull the radio out and set it out of the way without disconnecting it?

well i found some pics of it on bullydog's site and they say you can loosen up 2 10mm bolts on the switch and pull it out and that is easier. i am game for it. i am thinking $50 plus a paid day off.

yeah i know $50 is cheap but i enjoy them as much as i say i am done doing them enverytime i do them. **** my buddy does them for $25 for friends. he did my dads deville and taught me on that for $20.

right on, is ther enough room to pull the radio out and set it out of the way without disconnecting it?
yes there is actually alot of room to pull the radio out and still connect all the wires.. Ive never pulled the cluster out because the radio just seems like alot less work. I picture it being kinda awkward to tap onto the ignition wires with the steering whell being right there. And you guys are crazy for charging $25-50 for a remote start install.. Your only cheating yourselves

directech blows. I have an account setup with a local directed dealer, and I tried getting a username and pass....... They told me I had to buy 2k every 3 months to stay on the site.

thats quite a few directed products per quarter //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

God how I hate doing grand ams... atleast I'm right handed. I did three of them today.
yeah i am left handed, i gotta check with the boss lady to see if it is a go still. her husband was asking me the other day about it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.