someone, please help me. lol.

sycc

CarAudio.com Newbie
NC
So, a week ago, I paid a guy to design me a box & send me the dimensions, etc. He blocks me. I'm over it, at this point.

Now, I have found the same design that he was going to use, which is here. It's for 2 DDX 15's, going in the back of an 09 Tahoe. The box that they're in now, is TOO small. Big 3 has been done, and has a battery in front of the box for power.

I can see where it tells you the dimensions, etc...however, my problem is: I cannot visualize it. I'm absolutely new at this.
Is there ANYONE out there that would take the time out of their day to input those values into SOMETHING (idk where/what/how - i've tried subbox.pro & i'm just lost) that will generate a 3d blueprint, so I can actually visualize what goes where & how to build it?

86307e1381690dfe4e13676060e14f8e.png

download.png

?? Everything seems to be labeled? All I see missing is the Cut out diameter for the subs
to me, the first picture I posted doesn't help me at all. maybe i'm slow as hell, but i just don't get it, because i can't see it as it would be IRL

like this

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
There is a Left, right, top x2 for the double baffle, bottom, front, back and 2 port pieces.

Everything is color coded and also shows you the place it will go on the enclosure with the matching color code.

What am I missing here?

they are labeled, yeah. i, however, as a first time builder, cannot actually visualize it. i'm asking for something like this:
If you are going to put the subs facing the same as the port, then the RED panel is where the holes would go
If you are going to put the subs facing up and port facing back, then one of the BLUE panels is where the holes would go.

So, a week ago, I paid a guy to design me a box & send me the dimensions, etc. He blocks me. I'm over it, at this point.

Now, I have found the same design that he was going to use, which is here. It's for 2 DDX 15's, going in the back of an 09 Tahoe. The box that they're in now, is TOO small. Big 3 has been done, and has a battery in front of the box for power.

I can see where it tells you the dimensions, etc...however, my problem is: I cannot visualize it. I'm absolutely new at this.
Is there ANYONE out there that would take the time out of their day to input those values into SOMETHING (idk where/what/how - i've tried subbox.pro & i'm just lost) that will generate a 3d blueprint, so I can actually visualize what goes where & how to build it?

86307e1381690dfe4e13676060e14f8e.png

View attachment 49712
Decent .75” thick birch Plywood is around $80-$100 for per 4x8 sheet and unless you know someone with a really nice saw… The only real advantage in using the ply, in my opinion, is weight. If you have the money and don’t mind working with plywood versus MDF for sub enclosures, fine. Personally, the thing is going to be damn heavy either way. I have found that Gp (https://gpcaraudio.com/) is the way to go if they have the right size and for this, they do. For $290, single baffle, $325, double baffle or $360.00 for the box with a Double thick baffle and 3rd .75” flush baffle. Gp glue and screw MDF flat pack dual 15” specific to your Skar woofers in an 8 cubic ft box, tuned to 33Hz (3db down from what SKAR recommends which for two of these is 7-8 cubic ft. tuned to 36hz). I mean, that’s about close to what the amount of .75” birch plywood is going to cost anyway. There is a 7cubic version that is $20.00 less too, either way, a no brainer in my book. No tax and no shipping, woo hoo!

Last edited:
also, i want to do it in birch. how many sheets do i need to buy?
To be safe i would get 2 sheets,for a bare bonz box u may be able to get it out of 1 sheet but with 2 15s u will definitely want to double up the baffle and also wasnt paying attention to the port length but yeA 2 sheets

To be safe i would get 2 sheets,for a bare bonz box u may be able to get it out of 1 sheet but with 2 15s u will definitely want to double up the baffle and also wasnt paying attention to the port length but yeA 2 sheets
I would recommend 4 sheets for mistakes myself, LOL 😂 😂. Id prob need 6.👀👀:poop:!! Start with 3 to save a trip to the supply house and fuel cost atm so you have at least one extra sheet if you make some bad cuts. Dont forget to take out for the thickness of the blade on all the cuts man. You can always take that full sheet back as long as its clean and not damaged and a receipt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...