sound deadening...

budahbuddy803
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Aiken, SC
Is this a good buy? Is this stuff a cheap product? Is 100ft^2 enough to fully do the doors and interior of an ext. cab ranger? I am just trying to see what i will need to buy to fully deaden my car. Where else is a good place to buy quality deadening? I am sorry, this is the first time i ever considered using deadening. I will get a new truck soon and before i start installing equipment i want to deaden it. All help is appreciated.

I just did my trunk completely in RAAMmat 2 days ago and I'm totally impressed with the results. This was also my first time using deadener and now I feel completely stupid for not doing it sooner with my previous install. You will not be disappointed.

Don't mean to thread jack....but i was going to be deadening my car and was going to use Damplifier along with a closed cell foam, but wasn't sure if i should go with Overkill or Ensoline MLC.

Overkill is priced at ~$1.20/sqft

Ensolite ~$0.85/sqft

Is there any reason to pay the extra 35 cents per sqft for Overkill?

Also does anyone know of better/cheaper closed cell foam that can be used for sound deadening a car?

Thanks in advance

I just got my floor area finish last week with Fat Mat & it turned out awesome. I did use extra adhesive to the back & to the floor, Because folks om SMD forum said it wasn't worth a F***. I don't think is asphalt based because it does NOT have that smell to it, like Elemental Designs stuff that I have used on a previous project. I will post some pics.

so should 80ft^2 be enough to pretty much completely do the interior of a ext. cab truck? I want to do atleaste 1 layer on the floor, side, doors, and maybe roof.

From the looks of the deadener show down i like damplifier or damplifier pro..

or would i be better off getting 1 roll of RAAMaudio's deadener. It says its 62.5ft^2. I just dont want to not buy enough. If i buy and install and fall short i will have to leave my entire interior dismantled until the other stuff ships to me because i wouldnt want to take it all out again...... Any help on how much to buy for an EXT. CAB TRUCK? (most likely ranger)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.