Speaker Whine..

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey guys,

Recently wrapped up my whole car audio install on a Soul 2014. Everything looks great, but I have one problem I can't figure out...

While the car is on, the door speakers (on a separate amp than the subwoofer) will whine with the RPM of my car. If I accelerate the whine will raise in pitch till I shift down, then rinse/repeat. NEVER STOPS!!

I checked the 4-channel amp's ground with a DMM and it was perfectly grounded to my car. Soooo, I only have one other suspicion that it might be, but I am not sure. I had to run speaker wires through the firewall out into the engine compartment to reach my doors...Do you think it is picking up interference from the alternator? Any other ideas?

The HU: Pioneer Premier DEH-P980BT

The Amp: SoundQubed Q4-90

Thanks

Hey guys,
Recently wrapped up my whole car audio install on a Soul 2014. Everything looks great, but I have one problem I can't figure out...

While the car is on, the door speakers (on a separate amp than the subwoofer) will whine with the RPM of my car. If I accelerate the whine will raise in pitch till I shift down, then rinse/repeat. NEVER STOPS!!

I checked the 4-channel amp's ground with a DMM and it was perfectly grounded to my car. Soooo, I only have one other suspicion that it might be, but I am not sure. I had to run speaker wires through the firewall out into the engine compartment to reach my doors...Do you think it is picking up interference from the alternator? Any other ideas?

The HU: Pioneer Premier DEH-P980BT

The Amp: SoundQubed Q4-90

Thanks
Alternator whine. Where are the rcas running? Are they opposite the power wire?

There is a meeting point of all the wires that I did for wire management near the trunk of my car. Sub and 4-channel RCAs are zip-tied beside the 0AWG and 4AWG power wires at this meeting point. You thinking I should separate them?

There is a meeting point of all the wires that I did for wire management near the trunk of my car. Sub and 4-channel RCAs are zip-tied beside the 0AWG and 4AWG power wires at this meeting point. You thinking I should separate them?
yes.

I did not think that would cause an issue... I'll get on that ASAP and update here.

AND now that I think about it...When I did a test play on the system, I didn't hear anything. Then I cleaned up and wire managed, so that is probably the suspect.

holy moly

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.