sq comps

robertoyoung08
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
bay area, ca
currently running some diamond d6's but for really good sq ive been told on here to go with something else.

what are some good comp sets i can get that are good in sq but not too expensive. thinking $200's range

image dynamics? never heard them or ran them, so idk.

ive heard good things about ID ctx65cs comps. ive got a set to put in my blazer but havent heard them.. 180 at woofersetc
****. i hadnt seen those.

nice price. i wonder how those compare to my diamonds. the diamonds i have are one of their top of the line models.

currently running some diamond d6's but for really good sq ive been told on here to go with something else.
what are some good comp sets i can get that are good in sq but not too expensive. thinking $200's range

image dynamics? never heard them or ran them, so idk.
Did whoever told you to go with something else explain why? Do you have some sort of impression from your own critical listening session of exactly what is lacking?

Did whoever told you to go with something else explain why? Do you have some sort of impression from your own critical listening session of exactly what is lacking?
i dont know if your being sarcastic or trying to sound smart. but it was not a listening session, it was simply advice. lol

i did not have an impressions from it, but, i am pretty new with car audio, so coming from people with more knowledge and experience than me with car speakers, i highly considered their opinion and advice. the advice came from people here on the forum. and no one directly pointed me in the opposite direction of diamond audio, but i see that not many run diamond on here, and image dynamics are pretty popular, so it must either mean, id is good and diamond *****, or diamond is good but just not popular.

and i have read that diamonds lack midbass, but this is my first set of components so i dont know how they compare to other comps or how a real good pair of speakers sound, for that matter. makes me sound like total nob i guess, but either way, im sure i can tell the difference between some cheap speakers and some good ones.

i dont know if your being sarcastic or trying to sound smart. but it was not a listening session, it was simply advice. lol
i did not have an impressions from it, but, i am pretty new with car audio, so coming from people with more knowledge and experience than me with car speakers, i highly considered their opinion and advice. the advice came from people here on the forum. and no one directly pointed me in the opposite direction of diamond audio, but i see that not many run diamond on here, and image dynamics are pretty popular, so it must either mean, id is good and diamond *****, or diamond is good but just not popular.

and i have read that diamonds lack midbass, but this is my first set of components so i dont know how they compare to other comps or how a real good pair of speakers sound, for that matter. makes me sound like total nob i guess, but either way, im sure i can tell the difference between some cheap speakers and some good ones.
In all honesty, sarcasm not intended. But in my opinion part of SQ is learning how to choose speakers that work for you and satisfy your tastes rather than just being ready to open your wallet and throw cash around because someone else said your speakers **** and you need new ones. Realize, half the people you talk to on here have no clue what they're talking about and probably couldn't even explain what it is about a given product that makes them push it over another. They just know there is a given forum boner or hear other people say certain brands are best so they pass it on. Because a specific brand name hasn't had forum boner status doesn't mean it isn't comparable to alot of what you hear about here. Hell, as we just discussed, this forum is mostly for bass heads anyway so there's really only a handful of people on here who could give you useful advice about anything other than looking for screaming comps to keep up with a humongous substage.

Furthermore once you have established that you need something new you should understand why and know what you're missing so you know what to look for when you listen to other gear.

Like I said, no sarcasm intended, but IMHO it is a waste of money to just start shopping without clearly understanding what it is that you're missing.

In all honesty, sarcasm not intended. But in my opinion part of SQ is learning how to choose speakers that work for you and satisfy your tastes rather than just being ready to open your wallet and throw cash around because someone else said your speakers **** and you need new ones. Realize, half the people you talk to on here have no clue what they're talking about and probably couldn't even explain what it is about a given product that makes them push it or another. They just know there is a given forum boner or hear other people say certain brands are best s they pass it on. Because a specific brand name hasn't had forum boner status doesn't mean it isn't comparable to alot of what you hear about here. Hell, as we just discussed, this forum is mostly for bass heads anyway so there's really only a handful of people on here who could give you useful advice about anything other than looking for screaming comps to keep up with a humongous substage.
Furthermore once you have established that you need something new you should understand why and now what you're missing so you know what to look for when you listen to other gear.

Like I said, no sarcasm intended, but IMHO it is a waste of money to just start shopping without clearly understanding what it is that you're missing.
haha thanks. okay, well im not yet just opening my wallet to shop. i actually just went and sat down in my car and had a good listen, and i seem to be pretty satisfied with my speakers, i guess maybe there isnt no need to upgrade yet.

the id's that a couple people recommended above sound good, and i read a few good reviews about them, but their the lower line of id and my diamonds are the higher line, so i would either end up about the same sound, or im thinking maybe even lower.

i wasnt ready to just go out and buy whatever somone else recommended, but it did make me want to be open to others opinions about what else iis good out there. but yeah your right, a lot of people on here dont know what their talkinga bout, and they just push what everyone else says is good. which *****.. but hopefully everyone else is right lol.

but, thats why i posted this, before i went out and bought anything. tying to get some opinions and reviews. wish i had somewhere, where i could just listen to any (or a lot at least) speaker(s) to hear and test them myself,but unfortunately i cant

=(

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.