sq vs sql vs spl

• sq

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • sql

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • spl

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
ive been to SQ, SQL, and SPL. SPL was loud and fun, but driving with it is Meh. SQ sounds great.. but no true Basszzz.

SQL is for me. great front stage, meh rear fill, and ear pleasing loud bass. doesnt get much better.

you just jelly because you tried to play spl with the big boys and failed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
I never started, I bought the stuff and traded the car for another one....guess SPL is just that Ghey that I had to get another car to cleanse my car of what it almost became.

I shudder to think of it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Daily orientated SPL -- for when I want it.

That doesn't mean it can't sound good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I never started, I bought the stuff and traded the car for another one....guess SPL is just that Ghey that I had to get another car to cleanse my car of what it almost became.
I shudder to think of it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
you just mad scared of the massive numbers we be puttin up foo. listen to a 155 @ 26hz and tell me that it isnt the most awesome thing that you have ever heard/felt.

Daily orientated SPL -- for when I want it.That doesn't mean it can't sound good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
pretty much this actually. But if it doesn't sound good at quiet and moderate volume levels I don't want a bar of it.

SQ over all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
SPL is Ghey

SQL is acceptable, but I don't consider it SQL unless u atleast have something of a center image. Other wise its still just SPL IMO.

just noticed my q button isn't working properly ^^^^! And yeah fair enough, but it is possible to build a good sounding car without great imaging, in my opinion at least. I know my imaging isn't ideal, I couldn't find anywhere to mount the tweeters that didn't look gay unless they were in the doors (they aren't in stock location though, higher up and further forward //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif ). I'm all about keeping everything stock looking, hate the showy ricer look, or dodgy "just chucked it in this arvo" look.

I think after the next show it will be time for a change. I just hate not being able to cruise full blast when I would like and many passengers don't like it either.

you just mad scared of the massive numbers we be puttin up foo. listen to a 155 @ 26hz and tell me that it isnt the most awesome thing that you have ever heard/felt.
I've heard a high 50 before but it wasn't low.

Id love to hear a 55 at 26 tho //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

I respect SPL as I know true SPL is not always easy. It's just not for me, atleast not in a daily vehicle. Also, Im not really for all of the buying bigger alternators and batts n crap, meh.

pretty much this actually. But if it doesn't sound good at quiet and moderate volume levels I don't want a bar of it.

just noticed my q button isn't working properly ^^^^! And yeah fair enough, but it is possible to build a good sounding car without great imaging, in my opinion at least. I know my imaging isn't ideal, I couldn't find anywhere to mount the tweeters that didn't look gay unless they were in the doors (they aren't in stock location though, higher up and further forward //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif ). I'm all about keeping everything stock looking, hate the showy ricer look, or dodgy "just chucked it in this arvo" look.
I'm not saying the imaging has to be spot on or anything. But I consider it SPL if the music doesn't come from a particular spot like the dash or hood. Not saying SPL has to sound bad. It can be clean sounding and all. Just IMO, to be SQL, it needs some form of imaging and, in my experience, a center image was easiest. Then, all of the imaging for an SQ setup.

I'm not saying the imaging has to be spot on or anything. But I consider it SPL if the music doesn't come from a particular spot like the dash or hood. Not saying SPL has to sound bad. It can be clean sounding and all. Just IMO, to be SQL, it needs some form of imaging and, in my experience, a center image was easiest. Then, all of the imaging for an SQ setup.
Fair enough, I guess I've just always thought of spl systems to be built solely for getting numbers on a termlab, and anything built primarily to play music to please the listener (assuming the listener likes to get loud) as sql.

Fair enough, I guess I've just always thought of spl systems to be built solely for getting numbers on a termlab, and anything built primarily to play music to please the listener (assuming the listener likes to get loud) as sql.
I thought that for a while too. Makes sense really. Just I've heard some meter-built setups sound decent on music. Clarity was there and it could be used for pretty much any music, but all of the vocals seemed to come from the door lol. Idk, I guess after doing an SQ setup, I'm more picky about what qualifies as SQ haha.

For me honestly it's all about learning about acoustics, the engineering and wood working, not the actual listening to music, or putting up numbers. I guess that goes with it, but I prefer to just kick back on the couch with a pair of headphones (AKG Q701's).

For me honestly it's all about learning about acoustics, the engineering and wood working, not the actual listening to music, or putting up numbers. I guess that goes with it, but I prefer to just kick back on the couch with a pair of headphones (AKG Q701's).
that's an interesting way to look at it actually. I enjoy the build as much as the system, but in the end I do it for the listening experience. It makes driving a much more enjoyable experience; as my car's more of a luxury car than a performer, it's so nice to travel in with an upgraded sound system. And headphones sound great I agree, but it's just not the same as listening to music played out loud for some reason.

Lol......

i never started, i bought the stuff and traded the car for another one....guess spl is just that ghey that i had to get another car to cleanse my car of what it almost became.

SQL by far, its great to have something that sounds like sex to your ears and can also put up good #s on a meter. To me good sql is like having a 12sec daily driver, something that can perform well when called upon, but then you can ride home comfortably in it and take it to work the next day. Probably a bad comparison but hopefully I got my point across.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...