Stuck on "TEL INTERRUPT" screen (Clarion VRX925VD)?? HELP!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Getwild2
10+ year member

I didnt even know I had this feature on my headunit. In case you are unaware, TEL INTERRUPT is an auto-mute feature that enables when the headunit senses an incoming cellular call (signal).

Anyway, since I did NOT have this enabled on my headunit because I didnt even know I had it...it's strange that I'm stuck on the screen.

I got in my truck, started it up, opened the screen on my headunit and before me displayed a screen with a cellular phone in the middle, and the words "TEL INTERRUPT" at the top of the screen. The ONLY buttons that work are the Mute and Loud buttons. The Power button nor any other button works, they do NOTHING when pressed! The only way I get this to power down is to remove the faceplate.

I decided to reset the headunit to see if that would work. I removed the faceplate, used a paperclip to reset it. When I put the faceplate back on it said something about a System Diagnostic and to press the power button. I did that and it said something like Initializing. After that finished it goes straight to the TEL INTERRUPT screen. Completely frozen!!

What do I do? Any suggestions? I am absolutely stumped!! I'd appreciate ANY help on this one...

The Tel Mute feature is usually activated by a wire at the back of the head unit. When the wire is grounded, it mutes the deck. My guess is that your wire has gotten pinched. I don't know the wire color on a Clarion; just pull the head unit and make sure you don't have any pinched or uncapped wires.

usually a mute wire is brown... but yeah it does sound like that wire is pinched or grounded somewhere
I believe it's brown on the clarion is well. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.