Kenwood DMX-5020 Carplay stuck in dark mode

Participant count
  • Participant list

Alx27

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have just installed a Kenwood DMX-5020 and it's stuck in Dark Mode and automatic has no effect, other than to occasionally flicker into light mode for a split second.

The Phone (X) is running the latest iOS available: 16.7.5. Tried an iPhone XS on iOS 17 - no different. The Kenwood is running the latest firmware 22.12.2022

The iPhone is not in dark mode itself and toggling it has no effect. This has been tried: "Go to settings, then “Privacy”, then “Location Services”, scroll all the way down and go to System Services. Make sure to turn on “System Customization” and “Setting Time Zone”. Apparently this allows the interface to switch between dark and light based on location." The clock on the Kenwood is also correct.

You can switch to day mode in Google maps, but automatic just keeps it in dark mode.

Video:

(FYI the DMX-5020 is the same unit as the DMX-4707)

Another issue is that the sidebar position is greyed out in the menu

Attachments

• IMG_3869.jpg
    IMG_3869.jpg
    1,020.8 KB · Views: 9
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...